Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Five Nations Fishery Injunction  (Read 8585 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Five Nations Fishery Injunction
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »

so what? Are you saying that they are no longer be entitled to the FSC? What's the point of irrelevant nit picking?

Par 19 states the allocation includes both and was subsequently adjusted as described in Para 20. The actual difference in the allocation spread is minimal at best and still massively favors the Rec sector and the commercial sector to a somewhat lesser extent.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 10:17:26 AM »

so what? Are you saying that they are no longer be entitled to the FSC? What's the point of irrelevant nit picking?

When did I ever say that??? I was stating that FN allocation is more then 12%, Whereas you conveniently left out that they also have a separate allocation from their commercial one.  Their FSC allocation is not insignificant.  So if we are going to compare how much pie we all get to eat we should include all numbers in that pie. Yes the Rec sector for coho and chinook do to the allocation regime have enjoyed the most pie. I don't expect that to be the case in the next 10 years.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 10:32:37 AM »

When did I ever say that??? I was stating that FN allocation is more then 12%, Whereas you conveniently left out that they also have a separate allocation from their commercial one.  Their FSC allocation is not insignificant.  So if we are going to compare how much pie we all get to eat we should include all numbers in that pie. Yes the Rec sector for coho and chinook do to the allocation regime have enjoyed the most pie. I don't expect that to be the case in the next 10 years.

Love the way you say let's share all the numbers then you don't share the one in dispute...just like none of the numbers have been 'shared' throughout. The 2019 ruling on the Five Nations Case argues against your prediction.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »

The 2019 ruling on the Five Nations Case argues against your prediction.

MY prediction is a result of the 2019 ruling and DFO being told to rewrite the allocation policy.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 11:14:06 AM »

evidently you don't know what the Five Nations FSC number is after all.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »

evidently you don't know what the Five Nations FSC number is after all.

Acquiring FSC data from DFO is next to impossible just ask Bob Hooton.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »

I am actually happy that Iron Noggin posts the document links because when I read them they highlight the disconnect between his opinions and the facts.

And I rather like it when a judge points out YOUR disconnect from reality:

Injunction Denied:

The boats of five Nuu-chah-nulth nations won’t be able to catch many more of the suuhaa (Chinook Salmon) currently passing through their territorial waters, after Federal Court dismissed an application to reverse a decision made earlier this summer by Fisheries and Oceans Canada.

https://hashilthsa.com/news/2019-08-16/federal-court-dismisses-injunction-five-nations-stuck-allocation-after-commercial