Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 157275 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2019, 12:37:56 PM »

Chris is currently in the Witness Protection Program. You may spot him in and around Chilliwack (even the Vedder). He's wearing a Canuck jersey, have grown shoulder length hair and sporting a full beard. ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »

Chris is currently in the Witness Protection Program. You may spot him in and around Chilliwack (even the Vedder). He's wearing a Canuck jersey, have grown shoulder length hair and sporting a full beard. ;D ;D
;D
Well my guess Chris (submarine Chris) knows his Leafs are in town very soon...days away thus he is getting himself & the team ready for the big showdown.
Canucks plan is to W big ...10-0
Leafs plan is to W big.....10-0
We shall see.
Canucks actually play Vegas Sunday 1pm start. They will then get a break & be totally rested to face Leafs. Just what the doctor ordered.
Cannot wait.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »

Great game in Vegas - for the Knights. I didn't see the Canucks there? Did they miss a flight? Pathetic lack of effort. A real whip cracking practice and a trip to the press box is sorely needed to fix up.the lazy no contact game they didn't play today. My little dog would have been better than that steaming pile of poop . I'm going to go get fitted with a brown paper bag....
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »

Great game in Vegas - for the Knights. I didn't see the Canucks there? Did they miss a flight? Pathetic lack of effort. A real whip cracking practice and a trip to the press box is sorely needed to fix up.the lazy no contact game they didn't play today. My little dog would have been better than that steaming pile of poop . I'm going to go get fitted with a brown paper bag....
Nova you truly have hit the bullseye. It seems they want to miss the playoffs & go on an early vacation.
They truly are not playing like a desparate team.
Maybe some players have made reservations on vacation this or that the week following season's end.
If not for Markstrom the score would of been 8-0.
I bet they will try hard against the Leafs to save face.
Yes the coach they have Travis Green is too soft. He will not crack the whip & show who is boss.
In today's NHL a lot of players with long contracts / no trade clause have the upper edge on the owner & management coaches & fans. Players control the coach not coach controls the players.
Imagine a player with a long contract with no trade....wakes up & thinks  "Oh there's a game today...I really feel lazy & think I'll just slank it today on the ice. Will not skate hard,will not check,will not give out any checks.....what is a coach to do? If the coach gets on his butt the player can just tell him where to "go ".

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2019, 09:06:01 PM »

Lose for Hughes

TNAngler

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »

Coming to the end of the season.  How will things go?  Some interesting possibilities.  Pretty meh game last night for the Preds but they did enough to pull out the win in the shoot out.  Definitely not instilling a lot of confidence but I know it is there if they get it going.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2019, 02:37:38 PM »

No worries about the leafs. The Gadsden curse will come through.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »

Will Chris  jinx the Leafs - tthe jinx they so richly deserve? Will the Canucks prove they are superior ?
O ly time will tell.....

(Nice to meet you today FA)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »

Pleasure meeting you and Chris this afternoon. Ah yes, the dreaded Gadsden Curse. The American Psychological Association has characterized the disease as one feeling elation when their team wins and total depression and utter frustration when it loses. Patients afflicted with the disease could often be seen stumbling the streets in their blue and white paraphernalia mumbling comments such as "the cup is ours", "what a great team we are" etc. etc. Total delusional (even worst than Donald Trump). In it's advance stage the patient has been known to exhibit extreme aggression such as shooting animals, unceremoniously gutting it and eating it. No deer, ducks or other fowls are safe. Here is a video of the Curse in action. See how happy the fans are at the onset and slowly frustration sets in. Silence, moans and uncontrollable drinking to console their frustration in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8GCH5qf9IY
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:39:59 PM by Fish Assassin »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »

Pleasure meeting you and Chris this afternoon. Ah yes, the dreaded Gadsden Curse. The American Psychological Association has characterized the disease as one feeling elation when their team wins and total depression and utter frustration when it loses. Patients afflicted with the disease could often be seen stumbling the streets in their blue and white paraphernalia mumbling comments such as "the cup is ours", "what a great team we are" etc. etc. Total delusional (even worst than Donald Trump). In it's advance stage the patient has been known to exhibit extreme aggression such as shooting animals, unceremoniously gutting it and eating it. No deer, ducks or other fowls are safe. Here is a video of the Curse in action. See how happy the fans are at the onset and slowly frustration sets in. Silence, moans and uncontrollable drinking to console their frustration in the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8GCH5qf9IY
Too funny  ;D
After a very creative FA post ya just know Chris wants his Leafs to win extra badly so he can say who got the last laugh !
Thought the game started at 7 pm so missed most of the 1st period. Well this heavyweight 3 round fight is tied after the 1st round. (0-0 end of 1st period)
Canucks gotta keep up the tempo because if they let up for a shift the talented Leafs will tic tac toe the puck into the Canuck net.
Go Canucks go!
Sounds like yous had a good get together today !
Round 2 coming up. ( 2nd period ) 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2019, 08:49:46 PM »

The Gadsden Curse struck again in the third period and overtime. You know it's not going to be your night when Louie Erickson scores against you. Canucks win 3-2

arimaBOATER

« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:12 PM »

Ya your right FA. Louie E. does not score very often. But his tricky backhand was like a Gordie Howe shot.
Edler shot reminded me of a Gordie Howe wrist shot.
What snipers we have.
This W may boast the Canucks into a winning streak & land the team into the playoffs.
The Cup is ours !  ;D
Dancing in the streets. How sweet it is.
Canucks could of gave up being down 2-0 but...
This game reminds me of a Hollywood movie.
Hey Chris all is not lost. Leafs gained a pt in the standings. Good game. Close & not much skating room out there. Check check check. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »

Chris is no doubt mumbling to himself on his way to his truck for the long drive back to Chilliwack. He can listen to the post game show on the great Canuck victory on his drive home.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »

I'm surprised there wasn't a major explosion when the Leads fans blew out after the overtime goal. There was A lot of Leaf fans there tonight almost out dueling the Canucks fans for noise. It sure sucked the wind out of their sails when Edler potted that nifty shot. Ever the optimist, Chris was happy with the single point. It was a great game with a storybook ending.......🇨🇦. I've gone  to 5 games this year and the Canucks have won them all. They need to give me free seasons tickets.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »

I'm surprised there wasn't a major explosion when the Leads fans blew out after the overtime goal. There was A lot of Leaf fans there tonight almost out dueling the Canucks fans for noise. It sure sucked the wind out of their sails when Edler potted that nifty shot. Ever the optimist, Chris was happy with the single point. It was a great game with a storybook ending.......🇨🇦. I've gone  to 5 games this year and the Canucks have won them all. They need to give me free seasons tickets.  ;D

I'll have a chat with Benning like I did with Wally Buono