Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time for new waders  (Read 5390 times)

Flybob

Re: Time for new waders
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 09:29:42 PM »

I just ordered the Frogg Toggs Pilot II waders to match the jacket that has been very good to me so far.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of them......

jeetS

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 08:28:57 AM »

Looking forward to hearing what you think of them......

I bought a set of Pilot 2 in November 2014
I get maybe about 15 - 25 outings per season but do a lot of walking/bushwacking
I sent them back November 2016 as they were leaking around the knee and everytime I turned them inside out to aquaseal they would leak more along the seams and up into the crotch
They were out of warranty but sent me a brand new pair which I am using now with no issues yet... Cant argue with the price combined with the customer service but the repairability was an issue... hoping this pair doesnt have the same issues.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 11:30:15 AM »

I bought a set of Pilot 2 in November 2014
I get maybe about 15 - 25 outings per season but do a lot of walking/bushwacking
I sent them back November 2016 as they were leaking around the knee and everytime I turned them inside out to aquaseal they would leak more along the seams and up into the crotch
They were out of warranty but sent me a brand new pair which I am using now with no issues yet... Cant argue with the price combined with the customer service but the repairability was an issue... hoping this pair doesnt have the same issues.

Apparently, some of the early edition FT Pilots (2014/15) had issues, which were properly addressed. Besides, a no-questions-asked, out-of-warranty replacement speaks volumes about the company. Just like BARE back in the good old days.

After having experienced my worst leakage ever with my priciest waders (Simms), I'm only worried about the Pilot 2's neoprene booty ankle width. I read online that it's quite tight, and my ankles are on the thicker side. If I can't reasonably easily slide my foot in and out of the booty, back they will go. I will know that as soon as I put them on the first time.

Flybob

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »

Apparently, some of the early edition FT Pilots (2014/15) had issues, which were properly addressed. Besides, a no-questions-asked, out-of-warranty replacement speaks volumes about the company. Just like BARE back in the good old days.

After having experienced my worst leakage ever with my priciest waders (Simms), I'm only worried about the Pilot 2's neoprene booty ankle width. I read online that it's quite tight, and my ankles are on the thicker side. If I can't reasonably easily slide my foot in and out of the booty, back they will go. I will know that as soon as I put them on the first time.

I have a narrow 10-1/2 size foot so keep that in mind.... :o