Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little campbell river  (Read 16731 times)

fisherforever

Re: Little campbell river
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 06:27:09 PM »

Or have the courtesy asking the band first before accessing so you don't ruin it for others? No?
I think you're talking to the wall with this guy Rod, he needs to crawl back under his rock. BTW for other members he can be added to your ignore list by going to your profile and add him to your list, works for me. I haven't fished the LC for many years but to get permission to fish the FN land all you had to do was go to the Semiahoo First Nations band office and buy a yearly pass for 5 bucks. Don't know if that still applies.

hrenya

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 05:00:26 AM »

LOL , Aaron some people just won`t get it ... it`s waste of time :D little tiny rivers like LC must be banned for fishing . Reserve meant to be not for "everyone" , so I think asking permission to fish or getting a pass for 5$ is a wrong thing to do , cuz I do respect privacy .
But to make him happy , I will crawl back UP on MY rock and keep fishing for flounders , and few spots I know , I have to make it there on LOW tide , get stuck there till HIGH , wait for LOW to get out of there or depending on tide I will run away on HIGH.
And just for Rod , how many people you see fishing from reserve side by cap mouth who got permission to do so ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:11:45 AM by hrenya »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 07:24:29 AM »

He was only joking.. No need to make it personal. hrenya is one of the nicest guys I know....

probably is but this is still just an excuse for a troll.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Tylsie

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »

I have never met Hyrena, but I do not consider him a troll. In fact think he is the opposite. He is not trying to start anything or accuse anyone. He is trying to learn as much as he can and make sure he is fishing legally and safely. He may have a hard time expressing himself clearly but I have never once thought there was malice in his posts.

As for the LC, yes, there are ways to fish it legally without going onto the reserve, but in all honesty not much point right now. If you are bent on fishing the Little Campbell ask the Band, it is much easier. That being said, if it were me I would go a bit further and fish the point between Crescent and Whiterock. Probably won't catch salmon, but catch sole, flounder, perch, and I personally enjoy catching dogs. They put up a good fight on a light rod.

If someone really wants to learn to fish these small urban streams go out and join the local volunteer groups and hatcheries such as the Semiahmoo Fish and Game Hatchery that supports the Little Campbell. There are quite a few of them around with at least one close to your neighbourhood, and all are looking for volunteers.  Often their members have intimate knowledge of these systems that will give you a chance at success while giving back. These systems are not like the C/V or even the Fraser. In my personal experience they are some of the most challenging waters to fish in BC. I learned to fish on these local rivers over 20 years ago and still strike out most days.

rfelling

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 11:32:39 PM »

I don't fish on the reserve side . Don't need that kind of hassle . I like to fish at the golf course.  Trying to stay out of their way is a big problem as , I'm sure that they are aiming for me . There was a couple of close calls with golf balls wizzing past my head and hitting the trees next to me. The pic of me holding the coho was caught in the golf course area, and yes I do notice the fish bite more often on low tide.  Can't wait for the first run of the fall when they migrate up the river.. good times.

hrenya

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 04:01:36 AM »

That`s cool that you got some luck fishing it on one side , but on the other side after posting it here you will ruin it :( Don`t be surprised to see more people than usual in fall :)

Silver

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 11:15:41 AM »

I personally enjoy catching dogs. They put up a good fight on a light rod.

http://youtu.be/o6XLHTILxnQ

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »

That`s cool that you got some luck fishing it on one side , but on the other side after posting it here you will ruin it Don`t be surprised to see more people than usual in fall

Every slough, ditch, creek, river etc will have some salmon at some point in the year.  Up to the individual to fish where are a lot, or very few to catch.  This place isn't a secret, but most importantly there are certainly places that offer the angler a WAY better chance to catch one.

I would rather drive a bit to the Vedder, Chehalias, Squamish etc etc a few times a year with a great chance to catch some.  Than drive a short distance to get skunked repeatedly at a local ditch.

Tylsie

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »

hrenya

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »

Damien , you would be surprised if you knew how productive these little systems can be :) . Even other 2 rivers close by are productive if fish them in a right time with a right gear ...

rfelling

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 11:58:05 PM »

I remember fish spawning up a ditch we had in our back yard behind the Bear Creek park in the early 70's. Bin "hooked" ever since.

Drewhill

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »

These little systems should not be talked about online. They simply cannot handle the pressure.

Damien , you would be surprised if you knew how productive these little systems can be :) . Even other 2 rivers close by are productive if fish them in a right time with a right gear ...

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »

All three are hatchery enhanced.....fishing pressure is busy...catch rate is low/difficult. You will get the odd salmon if you put in the time. Ive had luck on all three surrey rivers but its a fish of a thousand casts.

hrenya

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 12:36:49 AM »

All three are hatchery enhanced.....fishing pressure is busy...catch rate is low/difficult. You will get the odd salmon if you put in the time. Ive had luck on all three surrey rivers but its a fish of thousands casts.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »

Pretty much. Let the people fish. Most will get bored and move on once they realize the the low success rates.