Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Car Break In On Chilliwack River Today  (Read 7828 times)

fisharoo

Re: Car Break In On Chilliwack River Today
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 10:06:32 AM »

If it is overnight, junking breaks in rummages around. Time passes, junkie comes back and approaches from other side,looking for cash for another quick fix, forgets he already broke into this one...repeat.

Walleye76

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »

Crackhead camp is all over now, they busted it up so they have spread out all over the river

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 08:57:28 PM »

Is that better or worse?

ByteMe

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 07:16:17 AM »

We have all been through this before. I have been hit two time in a ten year period. Now I leave the car unlocked, and take the insurance papers with me, fishing.

A friend of mine which is an RCMP officer told me the same thing to do years ago. A locked car won't deter them if they really wanted to get in. It would save you the insurance deductible plus a lot of hassle in the long run
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 08:26:50 AM »

I don't buy into that theory one bit.
I have personally seen a  thief at the store parking lot walking around checking door handles. If it's locked he would move on. He never got to any unlocked doors before I back checked him into the car he was trying out.
In heaty areas or areas where cars are clustered I would lock the doors. Think like a thief when you park your car. Place the car in open areas or in line of sight with passing traffic. Try to get as much exposure to the road and passing public as possible.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:30:45 AM by Noahs Arc »

grayman

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 08:34:25 AM »

A friend of mine which is an RCMP officer told me the same thing to do years ago. A locked car won't deter them if they really wanted to get in. It would save you the insurance deductible plus a lot of hassle in the long run

Locks only keep good people out.

I don't buy into that theory one bit.
I have personally seen thieves at the store parking lot walking around checking door handles. If it's locked he would move on. He never got to any unlocked doors before I back checked him into the car he was trying out.

Yes, checking door handles is one method.  When there is a high probability of people hearing a car window break or they have release conditions not to possess tools, they check the door handles.  Even if police caught them...
1) Witnesses usually cannot pick out the thief in a photo lineup.  The distance between the thief and the witness is too far away or too much time has passed since the witness saw the thief. 
2) Checking door handles is not a chargeable offence.

Trust me, thieves are a lot smarter than what people give them credit for and they skilled in their craft.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »

Thieves yes.
Strung out crackers looking to empty your ash tray of change.. Not so much.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »

Saw another pile of glass at the other parking area at Teskey this AM. As I was there 2 chaps in dark clothes, hoodies, back packs and both on bikes came cruising by.

I stayed around for a bit making sure they did not come back to visit the cars parked there.

tim3500

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 11:09:06 AM »

Seen a guy posted on facebook serve&beware guy driving a older chev pickup with a black tailgate cruising the dykes on the vedder hes a known thief he has been video of him steeling a boat in Chilliwack throw rocks at this guy !he is looking for another .

Walleye76

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 02:11:52 PM »