Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Gravel Removal In The News Again  (Read 15823 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Fraser River Gravel Removal In The News Again
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »

Our understanding was the project was to end yesterday but when we went up today they were still hard at, why are the rules not followed?

Wool

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »

Chris, just a question.

If there is proven fry at this location with sturgeon, aren't they protected? Forests remain standing over 2 owls, can't an argument be made over sturgeon?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »

Chris, just a question.

If there is proven fry at this location with sturgeon, aren't they protected? Forests remain standing over 2 owls, can't an argument be made over sturgeon?
Our technical people have done what they could but governments donot want to listen it seems, here is a video of what was going on today, one day past the stop time. Sorry it is bit shaky because of the wind and the distance I shot it from. https://youtu.be/Y6L12RoB-lA

Wool

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »

RCMP?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »

Apparently they wrapped up yesterday, I guess they knew we we were watching. Most likely SS told them. ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 11:58:39 PM »

Apparently they wrapped up yesterday, I guess they knew we we were watching. Most likely SS told them. ;D ;D

Where is Ernie Crey?  He is apparently concerned about the proposed Aevita's facility location along the Fraser River, but this intrusion is ok. Yet, Crey and the other opponents of the hazardous material recycling location are all on board as one cohesive group opposing that proposed location.  Seems like he is being pretty consistent, huh Chris?  Even Crey doesn't seem to have much time for some environmental groups. During that press conference you filmed earlier this year near the proposed location of the Aevitas facility you should have told him what you told me which was that this province and country would be worse off if it were not for environmentalists.  :P

"The issue of gravel removal on the lower Fraser River is highly emotionally charged," said Ernie Crey, senior policy advisor for the Sto:lo Tribal Council, in an interview with the Times Wednesday. "There's a lot of misunderstanding about the removal of gravel and some of the confusion is fed by statements in the press by environmental groups."

Gravel removal from the river is an important public safety work and an important component in maintaining fish habitat," Crey is quoted as saying in the release.

Found here:
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=16719.msg162036#msg162036

Burbot

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:46 AM »

Crey is for anything as long as money is involved.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »

Gosh it must be hard to both carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, suffer from the idiots who dare to have an opinion or dare to care about the environment, and to know everything about anything, and always be right, never, ever wrong ::)

I feel for ya Steve. ;)
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »

Apparently the Vancouver Sun is doing a story on this and they have asked to use one of the pictures I took recently.
Bringing this activity to the public's attention is always important as a good number of us try, to the best of our ability to protect our fragile environment as difficult as it is sometimes.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 03:22:38 PM »

Gosh it must be hard to both carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, suffer from the idiots who dare to have an opinion or dare to care about the environment, and to know everything about anything, and always be right, never, ever wrong ::)

I feel for ya Steve. ;)
C’mon Nova, Steve’s right.  Gravel extraction by FN and its harmful implications for salmon and sturgeon on the Fraser is never mentioned by Ernie Crey , a man I really do respect, or by the famous salmon warrior, Eddie Gardner.  Why is that?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:33:45 PM by Dave »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »

C’mon Nova, Steve’s right.  Gravel extraction by FN and its harmful implications for salmon and sturgeon on the Fraser is never mentioned by Ernie Crey , a man I really do respect, or by the famous salmon warrior, Eddie Gardner.  Why is that?

He needs to learn to talk to people Dave - Not down to them. Whatever message he's trying to convey gets lost in his personal angst and weird, and I really mean weird, anger issues, but that's the way it comes across. I find his smug attitude that he's always correct revolting, somewhat humourous and frankly childish all at the same time.I'm guilty of the same thing, but I'm slowly learning to temper it. He musta got picked on a lot as a kid or something. ::)
http://

GordJ

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 08:27:24 PM »

He needs to learn to talk to people Dave - Not down to them. Whatever message he's trying to convey gets lost in his personal angst and weird, and I really mean weird, anger issues, but that's the way it comes across. I find his smug attitude that he's always correct revolting, somewhat humourous and frankly childish all at the same time.I'm guilty of the same thing, but I'm slowly learning to temper it. He musta got picked on a lot as a kid or something. ::)
I guess if you don't like what he has to say you can always threaten him with a lawsuit.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »

If you are going to take jabs at me then you are going to get some back. If you can't take it then you should stop dishing it out. I don't agree with Chris all the time but at least we talk civilly and respectfully. On the other hand, you are automatically confrontational and rude. Maybe take a page from Chris sometime and you might be surprised.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 11:09:31 PM »

Exactly, Dave. It is harmful, but apparently there is a difference between these 2 intrusions. Rosenau certainly sees a problem with this gravel removal.  Eddie Gardner also....where is he?  Why is he not protesting where they are extracting this gravel?  This gravel removal is going on in the "Heart of the Fraser River" and is apparently given a free pass by these two individuals who are protesting the Aevita's proposed location.