Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Back On The Fish Farm File  (Read 12825 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Back On The Fish Farm File
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 08:16:11 AM »

Two days of river cleanups ahead,the Fraser today and the Chilliwack Vedder tomorrow looks like the weather is with us. Then off hunting and join Alex and Eddie on the Adams River for the sockeye festival, back on the FF file, is good to be back on it. ;D ;D Will provide some video for you after.
Have fun while you are there Chris. It will be nice to look back after the clean up and say, yup we were there. :) Is Doc Morton and Eddie pitchin in on the clean up also?  Realy would like to see some vid of that. Could you ask Morton what chemicals she is talking about for me please. Seems no one can answer that question here. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:18:52 AM by Fisherbob »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 10:17:43 AM »

Two days of river cleanups ahead,the Fraser today and the Chilliwack Vedder tomorrow looks like the weather is with us. Then off hunting and join Alex and Eddie on the Adams River for the sockeye festival, back on the FF file, is good to be back on it. ;D ;D Will provide some video for you after.
Sounds good.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

Have fun while you are there Chris. It will be nice to look back after the clean up and say, yup we were there. :) Is Doc Morton and Eddie pitchin in on the clean up also?  Realy would like to see some vid of that. Could you ask Morton what chemicals she is talking about for me please. Seems no one can answer that question here.
Actually Eddie and Almo have participated in our clean ups .. Chris took a picture of her and I ... said he was going to blackmail me with it, lol!  Thank goodness he cannot find it  ;D

I find the whole issue of dumping "chemicals" from salmon farms amusing when one considers what Victoria dumps into the ocean, or what we flush down the toilet .. 

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »

Actually Eddie and Almo have participated in our clean ups .. Chris took a picture of her and I ... said he was going to blackmail me with it, lol!  Thank goodness he cannot find it  ;D

I find the whole issue of dumping "chemicals" from salmon farms amusing when one considers what Victoria dumps into the ocean, or what we flush down the toilet ..
I guess Doc Morton has done something to help wild salmon then. Doc Morton seems too focused on the anti-farming than what really needs to be addressed. She should have more pics of her cleaning up in her documentaries and get more of her followers on board. I always thought, the only harm to wild salmon was fish farms lol.  Totally agree with you on what we flush and drain down our sinks Dave. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:01:43 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »

I think Dave deleted it from my camera when I was not looking,they were having a nice talk if I remember. Pictures of our cleanup today here.https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fraser-Valley-Salmon-Society/111769675563789

Amazing only 20 people turned up, I guess they did not want to be near me. ::) ;D ;D
Thats what being against FF and TOW ing will do for you. :-X ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »

I think Dave deleted it from my camera when I was not looking,they were having a nice talk if I remember. Pictures of our cleanup today here.https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fraser-Valley-Salmon-Society/111769675563789

Amazing only 20 people turned up, I guess they did not want to be near me. ::) ;D ;D
Thats what being against FF and TOW ing will do for you. :-X ;D
  Sorry to hear that Chris. :( Wish more people did not leave the mess in the first place.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »

Sorry to hear that Chris. :( Wish more people did not leave the mess in the first place.
We got nearly half the bin filled, tomoorow we will have close to 300 attend for the Chilliwack Vedder Cleanup. ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »

We got nearly half the bin filled, tomoorow we will have close to 300 attend for the Chilliwack Vedder Cleanup. ;D
  Great to hear. Should be a fun day. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »

I think we had over 300 attend a great day.Pictures on the Fraser Valley Salmon Society and Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society FB pages, more to upload too.

Rodney may have some up too. Great to see so many young people attend with their families and cubs, scouts, guides and young naturalists.

Now off to deal with the FF issue with Alex and Eddie, have to say that to stay on topic. ;D ;D ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »

I think we had over 300 attend a great day.Pictures on the Fraser Valley Salmon Society and Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society FB pages, more to upload too.

Rodney may have some up too. Great to see so many young people attend with their families and cubs, scouts, guides and young naturalists.

Now off to deal with the FF issue with Alex and Eddie, have to say that to stay on topic. ;D ;D ;D
So great to hear Chris. Thanks for the update :). Nice to see the young ones pitching in and learning at the same time. Wish I could have been there for the fun. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »

A good day ahead, meeting Alex and Eddie at the Adams River,today is the official opening of the month long festival as we salute the sockeye. It will be good to see the sockeye too that escaped the flossers and FF's.Not sure what is the worse of the two.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 09:46:46 AM »

Give your head a shake Chris ... flossers have killed far more sockeye this season than salmon farms have in 40 years.  Prove me wrong, lol! 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »

Give your head a shake Chris ... flossers have killed far more sockeye this season than salmon farms have in 40 years.  Prove me wrong, lol!
Now they are at it on the Vedder.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 03:20:27 PM »

I was down at the mouth this morning.Saluting the Sockeye with an egg presentation on the six weight.Slow morning had to work for them but still managed about fifteen rainbows.This is a nice place to retire.
Riverman

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »

You need a 6 wt from what I understand.

Buddies are headed your way next week for the big cycle rainbow fest.