Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fly fishing the Frasier  (Read 10246 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: Fly fishing the Frasier
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 05:13:39 PM »

I'll second the Squamish poacher in pink or orange.  Recently had success with a small imitation (ok bastardization) of an orange general practitioner.

featherchucker, what do you mean by proper tippet?  I have been using a medium - heavy sink tip with 3 foot of 15 lbs mono

(PS to the mass unwashed horde, no; the fish were not flossed with the fly, this was in clear water, all hooked in the snout or inside the lip and when the bite turned off no fish were caught on any type or colour of fly)

Where the he** are you finding clear water in the Fraser ?? everywhere seems to be way more muddy and next to no visibility then years past, unless your fishing the Harrison. In that case, carry on  :D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »

oh at little confluence someone showed me.  Caught a good sized chum on the fly as well, Tuesday last week.  The pic is up on the other {cough .....reports} site.

ajransom

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:05 AM »

With the water temperature hovering around 19 - 20C. I hope everyone will just take their 2 sox and go home. Sometimes just because it is legal does not make it right to hook and release  40-50 fish.  This goes a lot deeper than the method of how one fishes,  it's about a persons character and integrity.

Yep, I agree.

ajransom

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »

Chum? Already?

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

Chum? Already?

yup, someone had kept one at Bowmans at some point before last Saturday but when they realized what it was left it behind. I know this because it was dead on shore with the gills cut to bleed it and the seagulls had plucked the eyes out already. There was hardly any of the bars showing and the ones you could make out were so faint my dad asked me more than once if I was sure it was a chum LoL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »

That makes me sad, such beautiful fish.  A sockeye fly fishing hole I have recently frequented appeared to dry up because a couple of chum started to chase everything out.

Can't weight to target these beauties on the fly.

Magz

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »

I saw on the albion test fishery a chum was netted a couple days ago also.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 07:58:49 AM »

the Rivers and creeks around Hope have a run of chum late start moving into the Fraser in August. By early October they will be spawning. Very nice fish and very edible so it is stupid to toss them as well as illegal
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »

Very nice fish and very edible so it is stupid to toss them as well as illegal

?  There's 2/day retention, no?  So either keep of carefully C/R, why would anyone toss them?  Sorry if I miss-understand.