Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Journal For Six Days From Merritt That Was A Bit Of A Tick Off At Times  (Read 6816 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It was not open when I went for coffee at Merritt McDonald's this AM, anyway I have all you mention, I imagine you are jealous being at home while I am in Gold County. A lovely day here today after heavy rain yesterday afternoon, I was a Salmon Lake to visit my cousin and then to see Lew at his secret lake but had gone North or South for lunch. Have spent a good amount of time filming and taking pictures of wildlife and pick up a few tins too, around $50 I would say.  ;D ;D

Will soon be enjoying my secret lake while you have to contend with all the crowds in the town JL turned it into what it is today.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Thanks for another edition of The Journal Chris.
Sounded like another great trip?

Clarki Hunter

Wonderful read Chris.  Thanks for taking the time to write it out.  My favorite part of your stories is when you take a nap. lol.  As I get older I am starting to really appreciate 30-40 minutes if I can.  I dream that when my day comes I'll be able to do what you're doing as well.  Stopping to smell the flowers and soak it all in....  slowly.  Cheers Chris!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Clarki and others for your kind comments althought  as I have said before I am not a trained writer one bit and many can see lots of grammar errors but I was never good in language or literature at school or math either, Terry knows that. :-[ Not sure if they taught us how to write stories in my day anyway.

I enjoy writing when time permits, just back from another trip, will not write about it but will post some video, especially of the loon's chick, if it turns out.

It was terrible weather with thunder, lightning, wind and rain most of the time very cold too. Took Ryan B's comment about sleeping in the truck to heart and tried a tent but was darn cold. If I had got attacked in the tent by a bear my wife would be looking for Ryan.

I brought home a 15 and 17 inch,they were lovely eating for supper tonight. Will try for one more trip before bar fishing opens for chinooks, The Leaf Craft is getting checked out by Doctors Ernie and Chad.

Electroman

Thanks for posting the journal Chris. Quite an enjoyable read. Ive head the ticks this year are worse than they have been for a long time.