Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ideas for new lakeboat  (Read 6923 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

arimaBOATER

Re: Ideas for new lakeboat
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 12:03:24 AM »

Check out sterlingboats.com

The Sportcat looks to be a very stable boat. Should work well to fly fish from.
7 ft or 11 ft or 13 footer is avaible. If ya have a loader anyone of these 3 lengths should be fine.

The other models of the Sterlingboats up to 17 have high freeboard & a nice raised bow.
Bet the boat could take some rough water ,if need be.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 09:10:57 AM »

Their website looks like it is from 1995.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

"...website looks...from 1995"

Funny because after viewing a boat for sale at EQ Marine in Wa. I decided to check the Sterling boat website.

It's just OK but very lacking.
They should take advantage of a better website.

Was it 2008 where the USA had the start of a major recession? Maybe Sterling Boats is $$$ starved to renew their site.
Boat sales suffered.
But sales are predicted to rise by 5% or  more in 2014 in the USA.

Check out Orkney-boats.com
Click on: classics/series2

Like the hull design.
The Spinner & Longliner in this category are nice looking boats for sure!!! Me like  :)

If I win some of tonight's big Lotto 50 Million & 50 one million separate prizes, definitely going to own min. 5 boats.
Some collect shoes or Barbie dolls or even vacuums (???) I desire 5 boats if possible.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 10:16:56 PM »

I've been looking at boats here and there, pretty sure I want the Lowe 1440 modified V. I would like to get the same boat in 1448 but it is just too big heavy for the smaller motor I plan to use with it. I know my 5hp 4stroke is probbaly underpowered for even the 1440, but if I am going to get rif of my 12 foot v-hull I want something a bit bigger/longer than another 12footer. Also the modified V style hull, which I want, does not start in the Lowe boats until you hit the 14 footers. Under 14 feet they are all just the standard jon boat.

As I believe I stated before I want to keep the 5hp as the motor will need to come off the boat as it will be going on the roof of my truck. Anything heavier than the 5hp is more than I'd want to lift on/off the boat.

Any opinions on this boat?

http://www.loweboats.com/2014/jon-boats/L1440M-Jon/

I hope to use it for 2 adults anchored up and fly casting. I also plan to use it for 2-3 adults gear trolling (reason why I want the modified v instead of the standard flat bottom jon).

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 09:58:16 PM »

If it's on a trailer, get the 1448. The 5 hp will push both at the same speed. You will not plane, so you will Plow water at hull speed with both boats. Wider is always better