Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragon fly rod  (Read 15322 times)

Alomar

Re: Dragon fly rod
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »

Yeah that's nice of you Hook, I would definately take you up on that, I'm in delta so not far at all

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 01:00:09 AM »

Sandy999 - when I referred to using spey/switch casts I meant while using a single handed rod. We are not talking about two handed casting in this thread. I do see where your coming from and you make good points. Those type of practices aren't for a beginner though, you need to know how to cast regularly before you can try targeting things. I personally like using an aerialized snake roll type thing to change direction which also keeps constant tension on the rod but without the use of the water. I have always found using the water a lot of the time actually overloads the rod unless your using only a dry line, a heavier action rod or you have experience using water load casts and executing them properly

I'm sure we both agree that grass can never replace the use of water. They are not even remotely the same no matter how many blood knot tag ends you put in the grass leader LoL

Lets not give a beginner too much info to absorb right away. First we need to focus on just learning a basic cast  ;)

Alomar - click to see my profile and you should see my email. Shoot me an email with your cell number. use your screen name here to title the email so I know its from you and we will go from there. I'll bring a 5wt for you to learn on at first, much more forgiving than an 8wt to start with and the old dry line on my 5wt needs replacing anyways so I don't care if we beat on it.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Alomar

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:57 PM »

Thanx Hook