Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Since we all fish do any of us keep fish in an aquarium? LOL  (Read 7653 times)

KingOfEastVan

Re: Since we all fish do any of us keep fish in an aquarium? LOL
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 06:47:44 AM »

I used to have a pet crayfish I snagged while fishing & brought home from the Fraser. He was awesome. I also had a blue lobster (yabby/australian crayfish) and the differences between the two were amazing. The fraser crayfish was like a dinosaur, poop brown, fully armored and somehow primitive looking compared to the delicate and more slender blue yabby. They would eat everything in my 30 gal tank they could get their claws on. Alas, I came home one day to find the yabby eating the brains of the fraser crayfish, a common end when crayfish fight. Circle of life, awesome stuff.
I am the King of East Van, and I approve of this message.

Speyhead

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »

2000 gallon pond 6 X 12" koi....kept marines for years, not now tho

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »

Ya saltwater is hard I used to have one it does cost a lot of money for the lights if you get the wrong lights you will get lot of algae

My fav is te clown trigger

I really liked my tomato clown fish, very hardy and tough!

However, I used to have a school of orange "Finding Nemo" clownfish, and they were the most boring fish I've ever raised, like swimming slugs. They have very poor vision and tiny brains, a fish poops and they will swim towards the poop and eat it. I've purchased these orange clownfish at various stores and they all have the same personality - they must be farmed raised clownfish!

Note: tomato clownfish and orange "Finding Nemo" clownfish are not compatible, so they will fight till one dies, as it almost happened to me, till I had to remove the orange clownfish from the tank!