Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What to do with bags full of pike minnows and/or chub?  (Read 18202 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: What to do with bags full of pike minnows and/or chub?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »

.........The End

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

Speaking of a thread going sidewards

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »

BTW most of the posts that are longer than a few lines don't get read... by me at least so if you want to be heard don't write a novel
Intelligence and reading comprehension are horrible things to posses these days!

I kid, I kid. We all appreciate your apathy.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

mojo7

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »

Intelligence and reading comprehension are horrible things to posses these days!

I kid, I kid. We all appreciate your apathy.

This IS a fishing forum you know. Sociological theory and environmental issues don't really help catch pinks unless it's at the business end of a 12' leader and pink in color bouncing along the bottom of any river in the lower mainland.

Although I've heard the color of the theory doesn't really matter much, so says the fly fishers.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 07:53:08 PM »

This IS a fishing forum you know. Sociological theory and environmental issues don't really help catch pinks unless it's at the business end of a 12' leader and pink in color bouncing along the bottom of any river in the lower mainland.

Although I've heard the color of the theory doesn't really matter much, so says the fly fishers.

I agree, lets never ever talk about anything aside from actual fishing! Next time I read anything that wont help me catch salmon, I will report it, and let Rodney know whats happening on the forum! Discussion, especially civil discussion about discrimination (On the internet? Holy!) should be absolutely avoided! We should now only post about the gear we use, or if you have posted that in the past 24 hours, the gear you will purchase next to try! Thanks for everyones cooperation.

Dont forget to keep it less than a couple lines so Fillibert may join in as well!
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Ian Forbes

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 08:58:35 PM »

Speaking of a thread going sidewards

The thread isn't going sideways, it just explains why certain people collect bags full of Squawfish and Peamouth chub. They either want them to eat or use as bait in crab traps. It's probably better than why certain locals kill a net full of Pink salmon and Chum, but only keep the roe and toss the remainder away to rot. Just because us spoiled westerners only eat prime salmon and halibut doesn't take away from the fact that people from other, poorer countries eat anything and everything available. I'm quite certain that the wealthy Asian people living in Singapore or Hong Kong dine on the finest of everything, just as they do in Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Tokyo, Manila, Seoul or Bangalore. But, the great majority of Asian people in their home countries survive on very little and they make use of any food available. When you are hungry you don't think about the environment. The separation between the wealthy and the poor is far greater in Asian countries than it is in Canada.

I have many Asian friends, both in Thailand and here, and many of my parents close personal friends were second generation Japanese and Chinese. We can't compare second generation Asians in Canada with those who have survived hardships in their own countries and managed to make it to the riches of Canada. I'm sorry if some people take offence with what I say, but I only speak from my own experiences and what I have observed over the past 70 years. I can back up everything I say with photographs and personal experiences. I'm not afraid to discuss hot topics. And, in every topic we all learn something. If we just stick with fishing it quickly becomes boring.

Fillibert

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:21 PM »

↑↑↑↑     ↑↑↑↑     ↑↑↑↑
Dont forget to keep it less than a couple lines so Fillibert may join in as well!

Ian Forbes

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »

Anything less than a 2 sentence reply is not worth typing.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 12:19:33 AM »

Alright everyone, back to fishing!

Hey, did you know that pikeminnow grab lures? If you cannot catch one of those 26 million pinks, here's an alternative! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4-3lKmroo8