Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving To The Land  (Read 7088 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Moving To The Land
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »

i like it, hopefully that company makes its way west.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »

The pro dirty fish group should be piping up anytime now denouncing the operation.

Good on the company for making that move. Hopefully they make a successful go of it. Just need to ban that open pen festering sore style of fish farming before they polute and contaminate everything around them with the chemicals they dump in the ocean.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »

boggles my mind how they would not see this as a good alternative to what their doing now. o wait it cuts into profits.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »

boggles my mind how they would not see this as a good alternative to what their doing now. o wait it cuts into profits.

Yes lets run a venture where we lose money, said no one ever. Hope they can make a go of it for sure. Only scarey part of this one is its on the banks of the Avon river, lets hope nothing goes wrong with any of their tanks hate to see what it would do to the river.
Take the T out of Morton.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »

if they were going to lose money they wouldnt do it, and in till someone trys how do you know they going to lose money. just wont make as much as they are now.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »

Look at some of the earlier threads on here you'll see quite a few have tried and failed.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »

That's the spirit Bassy  ;D Probably going to walk off the flat earth if they keep that type of fish farming up eh. The only thing in the way of it being really successful is the present cheaper and more poluting type of salmon farming going on.

Boycott the dirty fish and the misguided individuals who support it. But be gentle with them. One day they to will see the earth is round and it's going to shock the pants off them. ;D

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 06:59:29 AM »

That's the spirit Bassy  ;D Probably going to walk off the flat earth if they keep that type of fish farming up eh. The only thing in the way of it being really successful is the present cheaper and more poluting type of salmon farming going on.

Boycott the dirty fish and the misguided individuals who support it. But be gentle with them. One day they to will see the earth is round and it's going to shock the pants off them. ;D

Thats it TB lets get rid of all fishfarms and then let the sporties and commies kill off whats left of the wilds, thats awesome bro.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 07:24:19 AM »

Never said to get rid of fishfarms myself, only the ones that dump a crapload of chemicals in the water to make a buck. Now were paying to dispose of all there dead fish. :-\ I think fishfarming done with a little more thought put into it is a viable business. But the industry is firmly commited to repeat past misstakes and more than happy to suck cash off the public to clean up their mess. Only thing that makes other type of salmon aquaculture less lucrative is the money hungry dino's, trying to raise them as cheap as possible. I equate them to vegitable farmers who spray the chemical crap on their produce and the sell it to the public before they should.

Again I would not qualify myself as anti aquaculture........just for the record.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »

Have water tests been done around fishfarms, if so Id like to see some results, unless Ive missed it in earlier threads.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

The city of Victoria dumps their raw sewage into the ocean.....  do you need a water test before you'd believe that dumping raw crap into the ocean is not good? Feedlots are no different.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:27 AM »

The city of Victoria dumps their raw sewage into the ocean.....  do you need a water test before you'd believe that dumping raw crap into the ocean is not good? Feedlots are no different.

Yup

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 07:30:36 AM »

Yup

Thanks for the response....  We appreciate your short, informative and scientific peer reviewed responses. It would be awesome if you could become the sole spokesman for all of the feedlot boys.... 

On the other hand I appreciate Stevey's long posts for their sedation qualities... good night time reading. Fishersolon's posts are just good entertainment.   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 08:19:49 AM »

http://