Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whats the weirdest thing you'v caught?  (Read 23876 times)

Pin-nook

Re: Whats the weirdest thing you'v caught?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »

About 10 years ago 1st week of July I was fishing for coho at Nude Rock on the Cap and go figure I reeled in a woman's white lace underwear grandma style, didn't put up much of a fight and I was hoping it would just come off!

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »

Caught a cormorant last week.

A few weeks ago I somehow managed to hook into a fish, but there was a hook in the mouth, with a 3 foot or so piece of mono with some shot on it, and a swivel at the end. I somehow managed to hook into the swivel and land the fish.

Last January while cuttie hunting I caught a boot. It wasnt a whole boot, but it was clearly the side of the upper piece of boot. Lace Eyelets and everything. I thought that only happened in cartoons.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Brook Trout

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »

About 5 years ago while fishing dries on Lac Le Jeune. My uncle hooked into a dragonfly on his backcast it flew around with the line in it's tail for a little while he brought it in, took the hook out and safely released it. :D

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »

Wow guys some funny stuff. I've only ever caught rocks, sticks and myself. What a boring resume.
You'd think after all the hours I'd have something better then that.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »

Matt needs to post the picture of the werid thing he caught.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »

Matt needs to post the picture of the werid thing he caught.  ;D

Wasn't it a dog toy? LOL
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Shawn6o4

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

last year I was fishing Cates park and caught a fully loaded tackle box. still have it if anyone wants to claim it lol

mistermongz

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »

this past summer while chucking spoons for coho out at ambleside buddy hooked a crab right in the mouth right thru the top. we were quite amazed it was his first ever catch.
Fish on!!!

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »

im not sure if this is weird or not but while fly fishing the beaches i caught a flounder. didn't know you can fly fish for those little guys of the beaches.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 10:06:30 PM »

I caught a 20 Red Spring with a leader in its mouth still attached to a swivel. Against all odds, I hooked the swivel and fought the fish for 20 minutes landing it.

I let it go after cutting the leader because I felt it was not fairly caught.

Come to think of it, it took a lot of luck to hook the swivel.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »

I caught a 20 Red Spring with a leader in its mouth still attached to a swivel. Against all odds, I hooked the swivel and fought the fish for 20 minutes landing it.

I let it go after cutting the leader because I felt it was not fairly caught.

Come to think of it, it took a lot of luck to hook the swivel.

I did the exact thing on a coho a couple of years ago.  I hooked the eye of a swivel attached to a spoon that was in the coho's mouth!  Crazy!  Btw - I also released the fish, but kept the spoon... ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »

I have also once caught the eye of a swivel that was attached to a leader line that was attached to a fish, and have a few times also caught floats that were attached to fish.

I hooked the eye of a swivel attached to a spoon that was in the coho's mouth!

So.... Is this skill, or luck? ;)

sreeb

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »

On the vedder the other day I was fly fishing and some young kid shows up beside me bottom bouncing in three feet of water hooking bottom every cast. A beaver was making it way up stream past us and he decided to hook it on purpose . There beaver started to come towards him and he got scared and started to throw rocks at it. Before I started to throw rocks at the stupid kid I had to leave my good spot and fish elsewhere.

Ned

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »

Near the mouth of the Vedder I was casting above some water activity when the float went down, then it just stopped. I thought snag, so I said, "dammit" and started to flail the rod. All of a sudden, the lure flew out of the water and I knew it had nothing to do with me. Then, very slowly, an otter head slipped slowly out of the water facing the other direction. I could be wrong, but I thought I glimpsed a tiny middle claw come out of the water too ...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »

Near the mouth of the Vedder I was casting above some water activity when the float went down, then it just stopped. I thought snag, so I said, "dammit" and started to flail the rod. All of a sudden, the lure flew out of the water and I knew it had nothing to do with me. Then, very slowly, an otter head slipped slowly out of the water facing the other direction. I could be wrong, but I thought I glimpsed a tiny middle claw come out of the water too ...
I wrote about this a few years ago.

When float fishing using ghost shrimp a few years ago I hooked a river otter. Had it on for a while before it broke off. Always felt bad about that.