Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where can I fish right now?  (Read 7270 times)

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Re: Where can I fish right now?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »

http://bit.ly/PBd2xe

Too Funny!!!! ;D

Sorry  - I had to laugh!
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »

you should at least wait until they've done and left or are leaving. Just wait at the top of the run till it's your time.  Most of the spots are small and can only comfortably hold an angler or 2. The Coq is not the Cheddar or the Chehalis and people who fish there are looking for a non-combat angling expereince.

Well both times I've been out I've had the runs I've picked to myself. I would say drive to a different section of river if you see someone fishing. Almost pointless to go through right behind them any ways, give the run a break first.

Ya beat me to it D-man. 8)

And lastly I'm not sure what's meant by that (except for the awesome message I got elsewhere).
I'm not here to impress you or any one else (young gun, etc).
Posting about the coq doesn't matter, everyone knows about it and it's open to fishing a selective method.
Point of this forum is to help people out, I have no problem telling someone a river was busy (o no, let the cat outta the bag there!).  ::)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »

Posting about the coq doesn't matter, everyone knows about it and it's open to fishing a selective method.
Point of this forum is to help people out, I have no problem telling someone a river was busy (o no, let the cat outta the bag there!).  ::)

Funny thing is, we don't here ya telling everyone on the internet about your island fishing holes do we ??  ::)

Why such the importance to tell everyone about a suffering river such as the coq ??

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 11:37:46 PM »

There is a fuller story to that message Everyday. Selective hearing doesn't work well in society, it usually leads to failure because of the lack of understanding that you don't seem to get. That stream that you catch coho in the fall on the island isn't such a secret either, but you don't see people revealing its name on the internet. Or those island rivers, or the other rivers in the lower mainland which some how by the grace of god have kept their names off of the internet. Cus someone some where some day will post them. You are impressive, that indeed is for sure, but in the wrongest of manners for the situation at hand.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:43:35 PM by younggun »
Fish killer 101

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 06:28:29 AM »

Well both times I've been out I've had the runs I've picked to myself. I would say drive to a different section of river if you see someone fishing. Almost pointless to go through right behind them any ways, give the run a break first.

kind a different from what you said the first time:

I can be a busy river just like any other river. Some days won't see any one, some days there will be a truck at every hole (like today!).
Don't hesitate to come in and fish behind people though.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »

kind a different from what you said the first time:

How is that different?
I said don't be afraid to come in behind people? I didn't say when.
Fished another run first, then came back and fished the run I wanted to when the people were gone  ::) Love how you guys try to read into things  :P

And lastly, once again I didn't tell him about any fishing holes!
The coq had already been mentioned in this thread, I simply said it was a busy river! Didn't even say whether I caught anything or not!  ::)

And actually people toss the name of the river I fish fall coho on all the time on other forums (island based). I would toss it out here even, but I know that would probably start a fire storm with you guys even though you don't even fish it. Hundreds of rivers on the island, and probably a 1/4 of the population, no one flow gets very busy, especially ones without retention. One gets busy... I move to another. All about exploring new water.

And there ya go... I'v kept multiple rivers off the internet (including I'm sure a few you are talking about). Ones that haven't been ruined or had their names thrown out there already. Don't believe me, that's fine. I'll keep my secrets, you can keep yours. But in the end of it you are always going to have people fishing the ved, coq and chehalis regardless of what you say as long as they are open (and even if they are not a lot of times).

Cheers guys,
Dan

FishingFitz

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »

And my thread has turned into an argument....

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

And my thread has turned into an argument....

x2 typical FWR trend
A swung fly is the best fly.