Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: And so begins the gong show @ Central Park in Burnaby  (Read 6824 times)

Zackattack

Re: And so begins the gong show @ Central Park in Burnaby
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »

Kind of a silly question.. but if there was only 1 snake head in the lake wouldn't a "27-day hunt involving dozens of parks and environment staff" be a waste of time / money?

How would this fish reproduce?

Of course I want to see these alien fish removed but..

My main point being is how are they so sure there was only just 1 snake head in there? It it took them that long there could easily be a few more..

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Re: And so begins the gong show @ Central Park in Burnaby
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 02:06:29 PM »

Kind of a silly question.. but if there was only 1 snake head in the lake wouldn't a "27-day hunt involving dozens of parks and environment staff" be a waste of time / money?

How would this fish reproduce?

Of course I want to see these alien fish removed but..

My main point being is how are they so sure there was only just 1 snake head in there? It it took them that long there could easily be a few more..

In a news release BC's enviro minister said himself that yes, this is costing thousands but better safe than sorry, basically... its better to spend this money now than millions later should the species adapt and start breeding like crazy in, say, the fraser.

And they are not filling the pond back up yet for exactly that reason - they want to monitor it for the next while to be sure there are no more