Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Okanagan lake questions  (Read 13907 times)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: Okanagan lake questions
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 10:08:35 PM »

You really ought not to admit that, especially on this site.  It is every angler's obligation to "know the rules" before they set out.  Could get you an earful...or worse.

Let them. I fish well bellow the dam. I know that if there is a restriction, I would be fishing bellow that area. Ive seen locals fish above me, and that gave me an indication, but I thought I might as well move down just in case. I thought about there being a restriction, and I moved well below the dam, so just in case there is one, I would not be breaking it.

Lundo

• twitter.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 07:55:38 PM »

troll between Peachland & Antlers for koks. caught this one last week on the surface..... OK lake is starting to cloud up due to the spring run off so the fish shouldnt be as boat shy.
change up your speed + direction often to trigger strikes. good luck!

my girl is always complaning about me not taking her anywhere expensive.... so i took her to the gas station.

Old Blue

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 10:28:46 PM »

Nice one, solid chunky fish that's gonna be great for the BBQ.  They smoke up really nice too.

morganr3

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »

Hi All,
My first day on this board and was just wondering if it's possible to contact a previous poster on this thread in person (Tuna...above, in regards to his plugs and spoons for sale) other than posting on this thread. Thks all and enjoying the info so far. Haven't fished out here for years and looking to get back into it.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »

Hi All,
My first day on this board and was just wondering if it's possible to contact a previous poster on this thread in person (Tuna...above, in regards to his plugs and spoons for sale) other than posting on this thread. Thks all and enjoying the info so far. Haven't fished out here for years and looking to get back into it.

Well, he should get a notification that you responded to this thread, but that doesn't mean he will read it.  You can scroll up to his post, click on his name and send him a personal message, but again, that doesn't mean he will respond.  Good Luck.
Not all those who wander are lost

salmonlover

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »

too bad there is no bounty on pike minnows. I was watching a program on pbs i believe, and they pay anglers 2 or 5 bucks every fish they bring in. Some anglers can take half a year off and sustain themselves catching them. They even put tags in some of the pike minnows and they are worth like 500. I think this was somewhere along the colorado river to protect the salmon. are they considered a pest here?

morganr3

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »

Hi Sandman
Thx for the reply. I tried clicking on his name but his email addy is "hidden" from view so i'm not sure if there is another way to contact him thru the profile or if i'm left with hoping he sees my addition to the thread. I dont use boards much so i'm kinda new to it. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »

Hi Sandman
Thx for the reply. I tried clicking on his name but his email addy is "hidden" from view so i'm not sure if there is another way to contact him thru the profile or if i'm left with hoping he sees my addition to the thread. I dont use boards much so i'm kinda new to it. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

After clicking on his name, click on the "Send this member a Personal Message" option down near the bottom of the page.  I sent you a message using this feature.  When you log in to forum, you should see a line near the top of the page that says "Hey, morganr, you have 1 messages, 1 messages are new." As will Tuna, if you send him a message.
Not all those who wander are lost