Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just another day on the rig in Northern Iraq.  (Read 2493 times)

mzmann

Just another day on the rig in Northern Iraq.
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:16:59 AM »

Ok ok, I know its nothing fishing related but it was just too funny not to share so here goes, lol.

What a morning I have had. We used all the milk this morning with our coffee so when the cleaners came to clean my trailer and stocking the refrigerator I asked them to bring some milk. I get this deer in the headlight look so I go over to the trash to show them the empty bottle but they had already carried out the trash. Well one of them acted like he knew, muttered something and took out like a flash. 30 min. goes by and he returns with every soda under the sun at least 10 different kinds. I said “Not soda Milk” With a puzzled look on his face the other cleaner appeared to know just what I wanted so he took all the sodas back and came back with a case of Coke. I tell Then “no Milk.” so by this time I’m mooing like a cow and hand gesturing as if I was milking a cow. This went on for a good 5 minutes. If someone had videoed this attempt to communicate through Charades they could have won a million dollars off it. So both guys look at me like” You crazy white boy WTH are you trying to tell us”. Well my interpreter shows up and I tell him “tell these guys I want Milk”. So the interpreter mutters something and they both take off to the dining facility. 20 minutes later the cleaners shows up with every fruit juice bottle you could think of. I finally walk over to the dining facility with them and open the refrigeration unit and pull out a bottle of milk looked at the cleaners and said “MILK”!!!! One of the cleaners mimicked my hand gestured milking of a cow shook his head as to say “No” and started pulling on his nipple on his chest then said Milk in English…. I busted out laughing and thought WHY THE HELL DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT!!!!! You just can’t make this stuff up!!!! Now you know why it takes me all day to get something done around here and part of what we have to deal with on a daily basis over here…im just glad I didn't have to ask for a banana LMAO!!!!!!!!
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Just another day on the rig in Northern Iraq.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »

;D ;D ;D

PS Real men drink coffee black ;)

mzmann

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:17 PM »

;D ;D ;D

PS Real men drink coffee black ;)

Nice, lol....sometimes I do at home or when I bring my own tin of timmy's or something....but with the instant crap we get out here most of the time you need to douse it in sugar and milk for it to resemble anything worth drinking! ;D

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:41:56 AM »

We've got all the milk up north here to wash down all the steak and lobster we get in camp ;D

mzmann

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »

We've got all the milk up north here to wash down all the steak and lobster we get in camp ;D

*&^%$#$!!!!! lol.....thats just cruel, lol :'(

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »

Wife asked for a glass of milk when she went back to visit her country of birth in South America.  About 1/2 hour later they brought her a glass of fresh warm cows milk  :)