Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213100 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain today in Chilliwack, cold too, feels like winter. ::)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I hardly ever lose fish. Once you get the hook up, wait for the 1st second the fish eases up and get a better hookset if you had not already. The rest of the fight you just need to apply pressure. Play the fish away from shore as much as possible to play it out. Because if there belly touches bottom when there close to shore they go crazy, youll also have less line out to absorb the stretch, usually results in break offs. This works for me.

The Bigger The Better!

Every Day

• Old Timer

Heavy rain today in Chilliwack, cold too, feels like winter. ::)

Gorgeous sunny day here....
Was snowing last night for a good 4 or more hours though, was even sticking! Weird weather!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions remain good, lost another this morning, small but bright however I did find a nice float. ::) ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions remain good but was cool again this morning, Lew said it was 1.6 celsius maybe that is why it was poor fishing. Nothing last 2 outings but was good Monday when I found 3.

Found another Maple Leaf Drennan, two DNE's and a few foams so along with coffee with Lew and Dave it made for an enjoyable outing. Also saw around a 12 inch trout break surface, chasing fry that are showing in good numbers.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

That's because you need a Little Shaver. Should I bring you one this afternoon? ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Another outing this evening in perfect conditions and racked up another loss on a blade  ???, Found another Drennan but Rodney spotted it first but he did not want it after I retrieved it after a bit of a wade. Shane was happy to have it though. ;D

I think I will break the losing streak tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River very fishable but crawling with anglers, a good place to stay away from this weekend. ;D

A good Easter weekend to all readers of this topic.

obie1fish

I think I got Gadsonitis- lost one on the blade today.

typhoon

• Old Timer

River very low and very busy. Saw 2 landed and 1 lost in the lower today. No luck for us.

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

Rode over the crossing on my way to cultus for a xc bike ride  / flyfishing outing, river is super clear! Today would have been a beautiful day to head out but i didnt want to bare the crowds since i have very limited range on my bike or by foot (no car),  i have been too discouraged to go recently anyway, since i have hooked into 12 fish this season but either broke off or lost them all closest i have been was a wild buck 3 feet from shore in febuary. But always gotta look at the positives, and i will always take 12 lost steelhead then none at all! Not to terribly bad for my first season targeting steel.

Iyekim76

• Facebook Mike-SL

Was upper river yesterday Apr 9 checking out a few holes and tried Canal as well before heading home but to no avail. I should probably try a blade or spinner on my next outing. Just wondering, has anyone used Dick Nites for steelies? Thinking of trying it out for fly with a sink tip. The river's running gin-clear and can't wait for rain...

Mike
---------------------¿<•}},'-'{]~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mr.p

I see the river has risen a bit with these warm temps, how is the vis looking as of late today?
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

Animal Chin

Any opinions on what the river is going to be like tomorrow? Wondering if tomorrow or Friday is a better bet.

yoda

hopefully someone can give me an idea in the morning what the shape of the vis is . I was out on wed and the water was perfect even though it had come up.
Guess that was snow melt. hoping the clay banks hold for fri. Managed to land 2 wilds, and saw some others having some luck as well.