Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thompson  (Read 17258 times)

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
Re: Thompson
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »

geez! All the negative stuff? You'll have a good time, I'll bet you'll hook a few, looking forward to the pictures. You'll know where to fish.
Fish on!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »

How  ???are the roads?
The Bigger The Better!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:39 PM »

sh#*t!!  Are you tiny or is that fish in your avatar huge! lol!  Seriously!
Fish on!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:14 PM »

sh#*t!!  Are you tiny or is that fish in your avatar huge! lol!  Seriously!

It's huge, bastard got a tonne of them on the skeena...  :P
He is asking if the coq is ok if anyone has a report it would be great. I think we are takin a car up.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »

the coq has had snow already but they clear it really well. Should be no problem.
Fish on!

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »

It's huge, bastard got a tonne of them on the skeena...  :P
He is asking if the coq is ok if anyone has a report it would be great. I think we are takin a car up.

Dan,
what about taking hwy 1 up? I'm pretty sure it faster.

p.s. nothing stops the focus.
A swung fly is the best fly.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 05:17:06 AM »

geez! All the negative stuff? You'll have a good time, I'll bet you'll hook a few, looking forward to the pictures. You'll know where to fish.
Guys like this dont get it.Please do not post any reports or pics about the T. Enough people threatening each other already.Hopefully the vedder crowd will stay home.

brownmancheng

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »

Guys like this dont get it.Please do not post any reports or pics about the T. Enough people threatening each other already.Hopefully the vedder crowd will stay home.
You are referring to the Thompson as the t like u r keeping it secret. Threads name is Thompson.... I believe the cats out of the bag! ;)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »

your missing the point Dennis, if the T remains closed for to many consecutive years then some/most people will start to not watch for openings or notices about whats going on for the river and its fish/wildlife and this is what would really be the bad thing. Without people willing to care for a certain system it will just get forgotten all together and then things will become very bleek because the powers that be will also stop caring without people constantly on their case. The people that want to fish this once great steelhead run are the same people that send emails and do charities to raise money, there is actually an auction/fundraiser for the T next week at a bar here in the lower mainland (somewhere downtown i think) lets be glad we have something like The Steelhead Society so that someone is keeping eyes on the systems that need it. I say if we have openins for a C&R fishery then its a good thing because most of the fisherman up there will be the same very people trying to protect it and overall save it from extinction.

Would i fish it ? i certainly would and if i had seen the opening before opening day i would have headed up for opening day and fished a couple days. Do i hope it opens every year ? its hard to answer that but im 50/50 on that one lets say. If it opens next year will I fish it ? I hope im able to but with a young family it makes longer day or multiple day trips alot harder to do without previous planning  ::)

and if i do fish it i will be fly only and not using heavy tips to dredge up fish, I rather fish a type 8 tip or lighter and have the fish crush it instead  ;D

some of us care no matter if it ever opens again.......i kills me that posts like this "I'am concerned about the river"....BUT "if I would have seen the opening the day before I would have gone"

sad state of affairs, again I will say the main reason we are losing these fish is GREED.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 10:09:56 AM »

With regards to highway conditions, it is snowing throughout the Coquihalla Pass. Better to take Highway 1, looks like once you reach Lytton weather improves dramatically. Longer drive, with no snow, but you will not need snow tires.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »

some of us care no matter if it ever opens again.......i kills me that posts like this "I'am concerned about the river"....BUT "if I would have seen the opening the day before I would have gone"

sad state of affairs, again I will say the main reason we are losing these fish is GREED.
Great post Jim. I cannot believe the mentality of some of these "concerned anglers" who advertise the opening alll over the internet and race up there to get thier licks in.I would like to see all the sports anglers,for we are the only ones who value these fish, band together and not fish this opening and hold some sort of demonstration along the the banks of the T to get the attention of the decision makers.Look at the power of the people getting the Keystone Pipeline project put on hold.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »

Look at the power of the people getting the Keystone Pipeline project put on hold.

How your roll would change if the power of the people stopped the Environmental Travesty taking place in Fort Mac! 
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »

so if I don't agree with you I don't get it? thats ignorant.
Fish on!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »

How your roll would change if the power of the people stopped the Environmental Travesty taking place in Fort Mac! 
Explain please??? I thought this thread was about the Thompson.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »

Explain please??? I thought this thread was about the Thompson.

Hypocrisy at its finest!  ::)
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"