Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happens when salmon season dies down?  (Read 6013 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: What happens when salmon season dies down?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:55 PM »

From what Iv seen fishing the Vedder, Coho season last as long as the end of november and steelhead season is already a go within the first couple weeks of december.

That basically leaves you a week or two between the fisheries. Enough time to get some housework done, some bills paid and restock the fishing supplies. Then your back on the river for the next 5 months.  ;)
The Bigger The Better!

blindcast

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »

As good a time as any to reintroduce yourself to the family. :-\

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

I will probably fish one more time than pack it in for a month or two. Do some upgrading with some courses for work and spend some time with the family.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 11:46:49 PM »

The Seymour River Hatchery (North Vancouver) has a good volunteer programme.  Go to http://www.seymoursalmon.com/volunteering.php , "If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our online Volunteer form, phone (604) 288-0511 or send an email to volunteering@seymoursalmon.com".

You might be able to help with the Allouette hatchery too which is closer to Coquitlam, but the only work I've done with them is through the Seymour hatchery doing egg takes on the Allouette.

Hey Matt I have been volunteering there for some time too, maybe we have met before... did you do any chilliwack pink egg takes or participate in any coho or steelhead clipping or coho beach seine this season? I did all im the tallest guy that volunteers there maybe you remember me