Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 25th 2011  (Read 4869 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chilliwack River, October 25th 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 10:58:43 PM »

That depends on what your budget is. If you're just starting out, then any one that you are willing to spend money on is good enough. I'd get a cheap one to practice and decide whether if it is something you want to use more before making an upgrade. If you don't want to use it for videos, then Canon 450D and below are worth considering.

frozensalmon

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »

thx Rodney
I will put that in my consideration
more coho, more coho... ::)

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »

Nikon's service department is located in Richmond.  Worth a shot.  Half the time they dont even charge you

Nice Dave, at least you got one. :P

We had the worst trip, ever.

Not because we were being crowded out. In fact, we saw six other people all afternoon - Three at the beginning of our trip, three at the end of our trip on the way back to the car.

We didn't land anything. Nina lost a fish and I missed a bite at last light when we found some active coho, but that's not the worst thing.

it's the worst trip because my DSLR and wireless microphone receiver went for a cold bath this afternoon. The mobile tripod made a $2,000 flip right after I finished a shot, while I looked away literally for one second. Cameras go for a swim from time to time, but this one is a little different since our business depends on the setup.

Good excuse to upgrade I guess. ::)

N

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »

If I bring my Canon (which is the one that drowned today) to them, will they smash it into pieces? ;D

It's sitting in a bucket of rice now so maybe Christmas will arrive earlier this year...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 12:24:09 AM »

I have heard putting wet cellphones in rice. Does the rice dry out the camera/cell ?

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »

I have heard putting wet cellphones in rice. Does the rice dry out the camera/cell ?

Yes it acts as a desiccant, ie absorbs the moisture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiccant

Kenwee

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 05:46:07 AM »

Hi Rodney, have you heard of the new single lens reflex system called 4/3 or fourth third? It is claimed to be better than the DSLR. Takes videos and excellent pictures.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 07:54:32 AM »

Not because we were being crowded out. In fact, we saw six other people all afternoon - Three at the beginning of our trip, three at the end of our trip on the way back to the car.

We didn't land anything. Nina lost a fish and I missed a bite at last light when we found some active coho, but that's not the worst thing.

it's the worst trip because my DSLR and wireless microphone receiver went for a cold bath this afternoon. The mobile tripod made a $2,000 flip right after I finished a shot, while I looked away literally for one second. Cameras go for a swim from time to time, but this one is a little different since our business depends on the setup.

Ouch!  Sorry to hear that Rod.  At least you can claim it as a business expense!  As for the coho, I imagine the bright sunshine didn't help entice the fish to bite.  Look out for a fairly heavy rainfall this Friday...

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

I thought this was a fishing report?

WD 40 might help w(ater) d(displacement) 40 (batch that had the best property)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:35 PM »

Hi Rodney, have you heard of the new single lens reflex system called 4/3 or fourth third? It is claimed to be better than the DSLR. Takes videos and excellent pictures.

Beside photographs, our DSLR is mainly used as a filming rig with a few other devices attached to it, so other cameras don't really offer the features that we need. The DSLR body is mostly dead after yesterday, but that's not really my concern. Other devices on it worth a lot more money than the body so hopefully they can be restored.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »

What did you lose? a 60d or 7d? or.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »

Dave maybe u can show me some of your secret spots again, like back in the day? ::) didnt know that was you bro hows it going?
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »

Lol... Good man.  How you doing?  I live 5 mins from the river now... Makes it easier!  Not sure where to fish this weekend.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sinaran

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »

ouch! sorry to hear that, poor Rod.. :-[   i really feel for ya..  last year my new iphone took a bath at Squamish river, it was dead before i got home:'(  costed me hundreds for a service period of two weeks.

Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

slick vic

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 10:48:50 PM »

I soaked my phone again last week. lol. 6th phone damaged fishing in less than 2 years. everything inside's gone. takes me forever to update my contact list  :'(