Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Arrested for Possession of fish caught unlawfully!!!  (Read 5848 times)

MIKE1

Re: Three Arrested for Possession of fish caught unlawfully!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 02:47:42 PM »

Princeton
Three Arrested for Possession of Fish Caught Unlawfully

Share |

File # 2011-1342
 2011-08-23 15:06 PDT
In the early morning hours of August 21st, 2011, Princeton RCMP conducted a traffic check for a burned out tail light. The occupants were unco-operative and would not provide the police with identification or exit the vehicle. After several minutes of attempting to negotiate, the 3 male occupants were forced out of the 1992 Dodge D350 and arrested for Obstruction. Upon further investigation 500 fresh salmon were located in three freezers in the box of the pick-up.

Princeton RCMP contacted officials from the Department of Fisheries who responded from the Lower Mainland to take possession of the fish and conduct a follow up investigation in to the unlawfully possessed salmon.

The 19 year old driver is facing charges of Obstruction under the Criminal Code along with Federal Fishery charges for Possession of Fish Caught Unlawfully. The drivers 54 year old father and 26 year old step-brother were released from custody and face charges for Possession of Fish Caught Unlawfully. All three are to make there first court appearance December 15th, 2011 in Princeton.

Released by:

Sgt. Dave Clare
Detachment Commander
Princeton RCMP
 Email: bcrcmp@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

If anyone sees a article online about this please PM me as this would make a perfect conversation peace to a guy that I live next door to that is ex-rcmp.

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Re: Three Arrested for Possession of fish caught unlawfully!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »

DFO officers and the conservation officer service are officers with full provincial powers and can arrest and charge people under any act/statute.

The explain the guy-who-checked-my-license's sidearm  :D

If anyone sees a article online about this please PM me as this would make a perfect conversation peace to a guy that I live next door to that is ex-rcmp.

I can't PM, so hopefully this works for you :): http://www.thenewsleader.info/august-2011.html
A rig out of water catches no fish.