Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano  (Read 9914 times)

jacked55

Re: Capilano
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

i was thinking the same thing today when i went there. i guess it would be north of the CPR bridge going towards the hatchery the water was relatively calm and clear today. i saw quite a few fish swimming from perched high up on the bank but did not see anyone fishing. it looks like a great spot but i was wondering why no one would be there. Although when i went to the hatchery i saw about 12 people at coho loop crammed into one little area. Weird?

hotrod

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 06:06:35 AM »

Between both marine drive bridge and the CPR bridge, both sides is native only.

hotrod

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 07:01:32 AM »

There are river fisheries working 24/7 that area. If they see you inside the boundry they will simply point that  out and ask you to leave .it is private property.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »

when you say marine drive bridge do you mean the one that runs into park royal or the new one that runs into the lions gate bridge? i've never seen people fishing there but i dont see any signs that says you cant...

salmonlover

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »

when you say marine drive bridge do you mean the one that runs into park royal or the new one that runs into the lions gate bridge? i've never seen people fishing there but i dont see any signs that says you cant...

go to google and click on maps and in the search box type "Wardance Street, British Columbia". That is the bridge that takes you into park royal. Now you should see marine drive on the map from the point on down to the first bridge (which is the train bridge) is first nation fishing grounds. after the train bridge... on the ambleside you can fish that area. 

anorden

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »

Between both marine drive bridge and the CPR bridge, both sides is native only.

I thought the law in BC means noone owns the river itself, only the bank. So the natives can stop you accessing the river via the bank... but they cant stop you fishing the flow at that spot.

Maybe I should get my kayak out and test that theory some time?!?

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »

Flying rocks may possibly come your way! There is plenty of other river to fish for right or wrong. Those runs do look darn fishy though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:42:25 AM by nickredway »

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »

Please let us know when you plan to do that. That would be Youtube worthy footage, plus you should notify the closest hospital that you will be coming in a head of time.

We'll start a fund for his rehab now  ::)
- John A.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 09:53:07 AM »

There are 5 km of river to fish.  No need to test the forbidden waters of that stretch.

Cable pool is the place to be if you want to fish where there are hundreds of coho stacked up.

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »

"Cable pool is the place to be if you want to fish where there are hundreds of coho stacked up." HAHA.... :D :D

BAIT BAN IN EFFECT on the Capilano now!!! Be aware, there is now an undercover officer(oops..) patrolling Capilano. He was so obvious but the funny thing was that he was there when there was only a couple people fishing and didn't stick around to long.

Undercover, ala plastic moustache/glasses combo?  ;D

Also - PLEASE do not fish Cable pool from the rocks.  Every year, people fall in.  Walk a little bit, hike a little bit, get to fish water without doing some from such a high rock.  The mortality rate for a fish you have winched up the rock face is substantially higher than that of a fish you brought to hand right at your feet.  My $0.02

J
- John A.

carpenter

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

or you have to brave enough to climb over the boulder and down the stairs  ;D could be a painful fall though.

Kenwee

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »

Thank you Jawrey. Absolutely good advice both for fish and man.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »

the scramble over the rock is half the fun! hahahha until you fall down and die :(

urbanflyfisher

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:39 AM »

Its not the safest way that for sure, a telescopic net is the way to go! im only 28 so still fairly fit with good balance... ive done the climb more times than i can remember... never had a problem... but did have some close calls, especially when its raining :o  somebody dies on that river every year :(
If your not familiar with the rocks or the river, do not and i repeat DO NOT climb, especially with a lively fish on the end of your line.

A telescopic net is what ya need.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:29:00 AM by urbanflyfisher »