Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: okuma aventa line amount  (Read 6938 times)

brysonk

Re: okuma aventa line amount
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 05:02:01 AM »

Dark side sounds about right  :D Fishing has consumed my life, I'm freaking addicted! I think I've missed 2 maybe 3 weekends since October with plenty of *cough* sick days spent fishing the river. A couple grand in gear and probably my marriage down the drain. But as soon as I set the hook and feel those headshakes it makes it all worth it to me.

brownmancheng

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »

X3, my poor wife lol

brysonk

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 06:54:27 AM »

Took the new pin out yesterday and man did it take a little while to figure out how to cast it. But managed to get the hang of it. Ended up catching a nice big wild buck, biggest I've caught so far. Took a good 10 minutes to get it in but the fight was amazing on the pin nothing like a levelwind. It's gonna be hard to go back to a levelwind for springs... Overall very happy with my purchase. The okuma is a nice reel, not what I expected for an entry level reel.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 12:13:22 AM »

ya same very nice reel for the price.
im camping at thurston meadows this week, been here since sunday and got a nice dolly sunday, 3 monday, and 2 tuesday,with plebty more lost hoping the river stays in shape, its actually really easy i found to cast a cp and only got 2 tangles and i over cast occsaionally and get caught on the far shore lol. Trick to it is put on enough weight, iv been makinh slinky weights with 3 large non removable splitties in a shoelace with the ends melted, works like a charm and a 20g drennen or 25g dne for faster water.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.