Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 207678 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Scroll down to the Chilliwack River section and you'll find the answer to hatchery marked trout retention:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1011/fish-synopsis_2010-11_region2.pdf

There are no hatchery marked bull trout in Lower Fraser and tributaries.

chromer

Question about water clarity when water is crystal clear should you go bright or dark color for the float? same goes for the presentation? or does it make a difference. Also can the fish see the weights and get spooked ?

They can definately see the weight and float. I have had many fish try and eat the weight it as well as the brightly coloured top of my float !! Those ones were not spooked just hungry.......lol

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

How's the waters looking boys? anyone been out today? im thinking of heading out tomorrow.  Just getting some last minute things ready.  Thanks in advance
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water fine today but could change if the rain they predicated makes it this far inland. None today in Chilliwack but it is mild. A warm wind from the south can change things quickly as there is lots of snow in the hills. This is an scenario for another highwater event for the Chilliwack Vedder River that usually happens from now and into January.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I heard the old guy got one today, He basically lives near Tamahi when steelhead show up.  :D
The Bigger The Better!

fish.on

Scroll down to the Chilliwack River section and you'll find the answer to hatchery marked trout retention:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1011/fish-synopsis_2010-11_region2.pdf

There are no hatchery marked bull trout in Lower Fraser and tributaries.

Yes, I found it. Very helpful. Thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water has colored up some in the Vedder today, was around 2 feet near dark.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain tonight, conditions tomorrow?

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Was out on the vedder today.. rained for the first 45 mins or so of this morning..Weather held up until 3 is when i left.  Lower is quite murkey... Managed to get on a Wild coho, Second fish was lost after a few headshakes(not sure what it was), third fish i saw a flash of white and thought for sure im on a steelie.  Turned out to be a chromed chum that was just starting to get bars ever soooo slightly. And as much as i would of liked to, i did not bonk it.. lmao  jk ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was out on the vedder today.. rained for the first 45 mins or so of this morning..Weather held up until 3 is when i left.  Lower is quite murkey... Managed to get on a Wild coho, Second fish was lost after a few headshakes(not sure what it was), third fish i saw a flash of white and thought for sure im on a steelie.  Turned out to be a chromed chum that was just starting to get bars ever soooo slightly. And as much as i would of liked to, i did not bonk it.. lmao  jk ;)
Yes there is a late run of chum that come in the system. One January a few years ago I caught two that were so bright I thought they were steelhead when I first saw the flash.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Report I got today was that the water was mud.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility about 2 feet in the Vedder near dark. Snow level down on the hills again so it has cooled off some today. Should be better tomorrow if it keeps cool and no more heavy rain.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Nice!! Thanks Chris, might have the urge to go out tomorrow .. if it doesn't rain out there today tomorrow should be not bad eh?

fyrslyer

Nice!! Thanks Chris, might have the urge to go out tomorrow .. if it doesn't rain out there today tomorrow should be not bad eh?

My guess is next 2 days will be a write off on the river, supposed to warm up and start raining hard later tonight, great conditions out there right now though, took a look at the Vedder Crossing, nice steely green color.

kingpin

• Old Timer

its shaping up to be a very busy december, ive never seen so many rods out this early
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.