Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you coming to Worlds Rivers Day celebration in Chilliwack on September 26th?

Yes! :D
- 15 (46.9%)
No. :(
- 8 (25%)
Undecided.
- 9 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 26, 2010, 12:36:55 PM

Author Topic: Celebrating 2010's World Rivers Day on the Vedder!  (Read 10807 times)

joska

• Old Timer
Re: Celebrating 2010's World Rivers Day on the Vedder!
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 08:39:54 AM »

me and a buddy will be out saturday.  garbage bags in hand...  i know the slesse creek area is bad,  and its full of "fisherman"... ridiculous how people choose not to read the signs. also the white triangle has been ripped off the tree it was nailed to...
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »

me and a buddy will be out saturday.  garbage bags in hand...  i know the slesse creek area is bad,  and its full of "fisherman"... ridiculous how people choose not to read the signs. also the white triangle has been ripped off the tree it was nailed to...
Lew and Dave were out checking the upper river for 3 hours or so this morning and have mapped out the areas that need attention. They will be doing the assigning as people check in between 8:30 and 9:30. Unfortunately there will be plenty for all to deal with. :(

Jack went over the Lower as well and I donot believe it is bad as some of the Upper.

I have ordered plenty of donuts and coffee for an energy boast before the volunteers head out to tackle the mess. ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »

When Lew and I checked the limits hole today for garbage we found the area to be well posted with No Fishing signs.  No anglers either.
Chris is correct - there is a lot of garbage between Tamihi and Slesse Creek.   C'mon out and give us a hand to clean this gorgeous river folks and remember .... free lunch.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »

Well sort of good news, the girlfriend is now sick so the lunch on Sunday is now off, so im apparently allowed to go to this without being in trouble for not taking care of her hahah.  So looks like I'll be able to come to the event, I am coming from the north shore if anyone wants to carpool for some pre clean up fishing

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »

I plan on hitting it at first light then registering.It is always a good feeling to know you are making a difference.Free fishing without the boss objecting afterwards!
Riverman

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »

I plan on hitting it at first light then registering.It is always a good feeling to know you are making a difference.Free fishing without the boss objecting afterwards!
;D ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 07:27:52 AM »

Nina and I are not gonna make it today as I picked up a cold since a couple of days ago. Enjoy the clean-up and BBQ all. Sorry.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2010, 06:08:43 PM »

Nina and I are not gonna make it today as I picked up a cold since a couple of days ago. Enjoy the clean-up and BBQ all. Sorry.
Missed having you both there today was very succesful, hope you cold goes as there will be good fishing this week. ;D ;D Will send pictures after I get back from making a few casts before dark. Now you have to come to the cleanup on the Fraser on October 16. ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »

Glad it went well. I'm hoping to get rid of the infection before the end of the week when my dad wants to go. Photos from the event will be posted later on today or tomorrow.

If you attended the event, please post a reply so I know who were there.

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »

I was there , garbage bag in hand, and it was a good day out; the rain held off for the most of it. The only down side to the day was i didn't get the opportunity to fish the river after the clean up. I had to get home to the kids. Good job cleaning out there today to all those that helped.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »

Glad it went well. I'm hoping to get rid of the infection before the end of the week when my dad wants to go. Photos from the event will be posted later on today or tomorrow.

If you attended the event, please post a reply so I know who were there.
I also need my Maple Leaf pullover to give me some luck. ;D

Also could you post some of the pictures on the CVRCS web page please.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 12:54:26 PM »

The rain held durring the cleanup and it was nice meet a few more people from the site. The area I helped cleanup seemed not as bad as the last couple cleanups, which was positive. Still cannot believe the amount of garbage that gets collected from the river by everyone in a few hours.

sugartooth

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »

I thought the river looked to be in better condition this year as well. No pink run this year = no fishermen to make a mess. River will probably need another clean up after this years salmon runs are done.
Nicefish it was nice to meet you and congrats on the after clean up fish.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:04:38 PM by sugartooth »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »

I've put up all of Chris' photos at:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1844

Who else from the forum were there? You can either post it here or send an email to me at info@fishingwithrod.com so I know who should go in the draw for free subscriptions.

iRobertO

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »

When's the draw Rod?
:)