Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: best recipes for white spring(chinook) salmon??  (Read 24802 times)

ali2pali

Re: best recipes for white spring(chinook) salmon??
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 10:29:10 AM »

I'm with eagle eye, battering them up in some sort of fish and chips style recipe seems to be the way to go....although I may have to try some of the other ideas that have been posted. Beer batter sounds interesting.

Dogbreath

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 11:10:43 AM »

I can't believe that so many people in lower mainland don't like white spring. FYI - it's called Ivory Spring and is more expensive than sockeye when sold commercially.
A lot of White Springs people catch in rivers here are pretty far gone altogether too old to eat they might look not too bad but once dead the silver fades and the smell become a lot stronger hardly worth the eating.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »

i just did some salmon candy, mostly sockeye but i had 1 white spring jack that i added into the mix....and it turned out fabulous much better than the sockeye imo

mistermongz

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »

white springs arent that bad eating had a couple this season and what ive done with the is take the skin out cut in strips and the flesh cut in cube size kinda like nuggets and toos em in my simple yet tasty flour batter and deep fry taste delish.....and th skin taste awesome fried as well
Fish on!!!