Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: capilano river  (Read 23299 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: capilano river
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 07:29:22 PM »

how do you enter from the capilano road side? Doesnt seem to be much parking around

Just down from the Chevron is a pull over area. If that's loaded you may have to drive a bit and park on a side street. A little rough getting down, but there's some fishy spots there.
http://

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »

I have taken many a fisherman with me to my various fishing holes and am always willing to help people out.  

I am all for helping others.  That is what email and phones are for.  I don't think it is helpful to anyone to post up a spot for millions of people on the internet to see.  All that does is make it so that the next time you go to your favorite spot 20 people will already be there.  Seriously the river is only 5km long so you won't be wasting much time or gas looking for spots.  Pick up a map at the hatchery and go exploring.  All the parking spots are posted on there.

I think we are misunderstanding each other here. I believe there is a difference between telling someone about a place to park and a place to fish. I agree that it's not always the best idea to tell someone of a FISHING location, but whats the harm in letting them know where there is a place they can park there car. It has nothing to do with showing them a good fishing spot, unless of course you fish from the parking lot..  ;)

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »

which is directly above the location on which he's implying that someone fishes!  ::)
Fish killer 101

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »

Funeral Of Hearts which pool do you  like fishing for these blue backs?
and where is the closes parking spot is to this spot?

Thanks for the help, from a new fishermen! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:52:57 PM by ~IvAn~ »

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »

gotcha....

but as we know many road names are also the names of runs on rivers for a reason.  IE:  L___man Pool - L___man Road (Chilliwack/Vedder).  Just tell someone L___man and the spot is blown
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 08:28:50 PM »

You guys are talking about the capilano river, a river that has been fished HARD for longer than most of you have been alive  ::)

All you're doing by telling somebody where to park is saving them the time and energy they will invariably use up finding it anyways. 

"Secret parking lots of the capilano" .... I love it  :D

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »

I know what you mean by telling someone to park somewhere right next to the "good spot" but honestly, are there any "good spots" on any local rivers that are near any parking and accessible that are not know to anyone and everyone who wants to know about them? I'd have to agree with marmot and have a giggle at the "secret spot" mentality.

Ivan, if i fished the river I would tell you where i park. I have only ever fished the mouth and parked at ambleside park. Although i might give it a try this year. 

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

anyone been to the cap recently?how has it been?

azafai

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 11:03:13 PM »

I see some sort of over reaction and a type of "my river only for myself" kind of mentality.

Someone is parking in a wrong place for an already known to all spot and river, and asking for advice,...and, here, ...there we go ...

Great, if you don't want to help that is ok but you can't stand others on the way.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:10:32 PM by azafai »

azafai

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 11:05:08 PM »

Spiznack

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 11:17:04 PM »

I see some sort of over reaction and a type of "my river only for myself" kind of mentality.

Someone is parking in a wrong place in a already known to all spot and river and asking for advice...and, here, ...there we go ...

Great, if you don't want to help that is ok but you can't stand others on the way.

I don't quite understand what you are saying?  Tough grammar....

It would seem that you have not fished the Vedder river in the fall! Just wait and see....you will begin to understand when you are trying to fish in the midst of 100's of anglers.  

This is not about a "my river myself mentality"....don't make assumptions buddy.  Trust me on this one.  Your first combat fishing experience will blow your mind.  

azafai

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »

I don't quite understand what you are saying?  Tough grammar....

It would seem that you have not fished the Vedder river! Just wait and see....you will begin to understand when you are trying to fish in the midst of 100's of anglers.  

This is not about a "my river myself mentality"....don't make assumptions buddy.  Trust me on this one.  Your first combat fishing experience will blow your mind.  

Ok
sorry for that tough grammar
yes, I have seen Vedder enough to know what you mean
no hard feeling
but all I was asking here was how to get access to a spot that many others have already mentioned it here before many times.
why there are articles here in the same website about how to get to a lake and what are the best method to fish there??
to my understanding I didn't ask more than that type of information. .
I hope you understand what I mean here.
we of course don't want to close this website because it is publishing about the fishing locations and how to get there and what are the best methods of fishing for a given location.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:26:19 PM by azafai »

Spiznack

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »

click on this link to see what i am talking about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKrI0kaXVs

that's the vedder on a good day!

azafai

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »

click on this link to see what i am talking about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKrI0kaXVs

that's the vedder on a good day!

Yes,
I see many people are getting interested in fishing which is great
of course, there are always black sheep here and there and there are always new ones who even if not wanted doing mistakes
so, what is the solution
how can we promote fishing as one of the best assets of our province the best??
by keeping everything secrete and not telling to anyone anything as much as possible??
I don't thinks so.