Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hatzic Lake, April 18th 2010  (Read 6039 times)

steeleagle

Re: Hatzic Lake, April 18th 2010
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »

I'm a lake front resident there and can say that there are a lot of people who do not like people launching there boats from road ways and they have been known to get the police involved, just a word of caution. I would recommend right now that you fish buy the outlet near the hwy people have been doing real good there recently. or try across the rail tracks in the slough. There's also not a lot happening right now with the water being really low and that we still need warmer weather to get into good numbers of bass, although a few nice ones have been pulled.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »

So we can launch from your place then ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »

I'm a lake front resident there and can say that there are a lot of people who do not like people launching there boats from road ways and they have been known to get the police involved, just a word of caution. I would recommend right now that you fish buy the outlet near the hwy people have been doing real good there recently. or try across the rail tracks in the slough. There's also not a lot happening right now with the water being really low and that we still need warmer weather to get into good numbers of bass, although a few nice ones have been pulled.

Just curious. Is it a private road?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »

Is it possible to put in at Neilson Regional Park?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »

Is it possible to put in at Neilson Regional Park?

I never even knew about that park. You learn something new everyday.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

steeleagle

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »

Neilson Regional Park is really the only public area on the whole lake. Although there isn't a public launch, well I think there's a gate that blocks you and you will need to carry your boat in from the gate to the water. There are some private roads on hatzic island I know but there's also not many launching spots there too. The road into sheltered cove community (Sward rd) is a private and there is no public launch or parking. Some of the people around sward are cranky and will do things to your vehicle or just call the cops cause the signs saying Private beach and no trespassing are in clear view. The easiest place to put a float tube in would be down at the highway bridge where you can park and it's a breeze putting it in the water. If you go straight north from there and fish along the channel  under peoples docks you might get lucky.
happy fishing
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:44:29 PM by steeleagle »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 09:11:07 AM »

So we can launch from your place then ;D

Neilson Regional Park is really the only public area on the whole lake. Although there isn't a public launch, well I think there's a gate that blocks you and you will need to carry your boat in from the gate to the water. There are some private roads on hatzic island I know but there's also not many launching spots there too. The road into sheltered cove community (Sward rd) is a private and there is no public launch or parking. Some of the people around sward are cranky and will do things to your vehicle or just call the cops cause the signs saying Private beach and no trespassing are in clear view. The easiest place to put a float tube in would be down at the highway bridge where you can park and it's a breeze putting it in the water. If you go straight north from there and fish along the channel  under peoples docks you might get lucky.
happy fishing

I think that is a very helpful, and respectful, "no" ;)

jimmywits

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »

happy fishing
Thank you kindly for your help.

UFC

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »

I drive by that lake quite often and almost always see people fishing the outlet. What are they generally fishing for? Bass, crappie, or other? Also any trout in the lake?

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »

Crappie, Carp, and Catfish.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 09:42:12 PM »

Crappie, Carp, and Catfish.
how big do the carp and catfish get in there. Is it worth targeting them.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

noxcape

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »

there are some hugeeeeeeeeeeeee crap in there i didnt know there are cat fish lol

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »

there are some hugeeeeeeeeeeeee crap in there i didnt know there are cat fish lol

Thats because they are not real catfish. Just brown bullheads.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »

Actually brown bullhead is in fact in the catfish family, not the sculpin family that other commonly known "bullhead" species are in.

http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?ID=3022

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 12:30:23 PM »

Your right Rod. I just didnt want people to think that if they target these fish that they would be targeting large cats like they would see on the fishing shows back east or down south. These fish are small rarely over a pound. Seen a few bigger than that but not much.

Belong to the "4 F Club"