Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack Vedder River, Water Conditions, Fall, 2009  (Read 6962 times)

Nucks

Re: Chilliwack Vedder River, Water Conditions, Fall, 2009
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

What would everyone be targeting in the vedder right now? Pinks, coho, springs, jack springs??

aquaholic

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 02:38:26 PM »

What would everyone be targeting in the vedder right now? Pinks, coho, springs, jack springs??

You just answered your own question. what ever salmon is running up the fraser right now, some of them will be heading to the vedder as well.

;)

reeler

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »

Speaking of running up the Fraser and heading to the Vedder, let's all hope that the same vigor and effort shown by three of Chilliwack's finest in handing out speeding tickets on the road into Yarrow Sunday, will be applied to apprehending the lowlife dregs and crackheads who break into our vehicles every Fall.

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »

I was there on Sunday, the river was gin clear, many were fishing on the river, no one was catching from what I heard.
The mouth of the river is very active apparently; but you need a boad to get there.

By the way: for those who haven't been to the Vedder lately, the dyke access has been restricted in many spots that used to be open!
They close the gates to these access points due to some teenagers partying, making noise, trashing, being annoying etc.  So now the fisher men have to pay for it :(

Why cannt people teach their teens to play and party respectfully and politely to others and to the nature???    Why Why why???
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »

I agree fishforever.  Unfortunately, some of the worst violators I have seen are people fishing.  Leaving piles of fishing line, beer cans, wrappers, bait jars, etc is too common. 

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:21 PM »

Speaking of running up the Fraser and heading to the Vedder, let's all hope that the same vigor and effort shown by three of Chilliwack's finest in handing out speeding tickets on the road into Yarrow Sunday, will be applied to apprehending the lowlife dregs and crackheads who break into our vehicles every Fall.

cause they are the only one's  who speed ;D

rides bike to work

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »

Had a coho on up tamihi tonight didnt expect it though thought,it must be a spring but then it put on a accrobat show then tossed the hook back at me my hearts still pumpin

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 09:36:21 PM »

heard of a few bonked out of Tamahi already, congrats

aquaholic

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »

They should close both sides just as much crap going on as the other side

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »

I haven't been to the vedder in last two years so I wasn't sure when they locked it down.
I heard from a local that the reason was due to the parties and trash by teens.
However, I agree that the same mess is also left by fishermen who are not very considerate of the others and the privilege given to them to fish on such nice body of water. 
I know there are many good teens on the water who do respect the sport...wasn't attacking anyone by any means.  ;D
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

goblin59

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »

Can anyone provide an update on the water conditions today? I'm thinking about heading up tomorrow. Chris have you been out on the river today?

funpig

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »

I haven't been to the vedder in last two years so I wasn't sure when they locked it down.
I heard from a local that the reason was due to the parties and trash by teens.
However, I agree that the same mess is also left by fishermen who are not very considerate of the others and the privilege given to them to fish on such nice body of water. 
I know there are many good teens on the water who do respect the sport...wasn't attacking anyone by any means.  ;D
Hopefully, this is just temporary.  I know that in my town, the first week of school is kind of wild at nights with kids partying.  It keeps the cops hopping and parents on edge.  But then it stops and goes back to normal.

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 05:04:09 PM »

I've never seen sturgeon on the Ved until today.. wow! global warming?
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

avb

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »

I was there an hr ago. the canal looks very fishable, pinks surfacing, alot of "out of towners " though. Saw a few hook ups. The lower vedder looks allright too. low water though, i haven't seen a few of thoes banks in quite a few yrs. or maybe there new.  (thurs 10 , 11:30am)