Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handing someone your rod to land a fish  (Read 6978 times)

avb

Re: Handing someone your rod to land a fish
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »

One thing I've learned is that if there is a fuzzy rule in fishing or room for interpretation someone will allways take advantage of it. Ethical or not, it is not illegal, therefore no consequence. The exception, I think should allways be the Kids, So what if a rod is handed to them and they land it, It's about attempting to build a next generation of anglers and creating an intrest. I've watched an entire Bank of sockeye fishers hook a fish and call this kid down to land the fish. The Kid maybe 10 yrs old spent the entire afternoon running up and down the bank landing everyones fish. He had a great time. 

jimmywits

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »

One thing I've learned is that if there is a fuzzy rule in fishing or room for interpretation someone will allways take advantage of it. Ethical or not, it is not illegal, therefore no consequence. The exception, I think should allways be the Kids, So what if a rod is handed to them and they land it, It's about attempting to build a next generation of anglers and creating an intrest. I've watched an entire Bank of sockeye fishers hook a fish and call this kid down to land the fish. The Kid maybe 10 yrs old spent the entire afternoon running up and down the bank landing everyones fish. He had a great time. 
As long as this practice is not used to increase the number of fish killed over the adult's limit, I would not have a problem, kids need fun.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »

technically I'd say yes.

Tidal, the youth needs a license and salmon stamp,  as long as they have them, they have their own limit, same as any other licensed angler.  The regs state under 16 but I don't see anywhere it has a minimum age.

non tidal - if they are a resident of BC then they have their own limit.  Non-resident youth must be accompanied by a licensed adult and the youths catch is counted on the adults license (ie limit).
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.