Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Island honeymoon ideas....  (Read 4443 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Island honeymoon ideas....
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 05:00:22 PM »

Thanks Again Matt... I'll call Paul tonight, he was out fishing when I called him the first time.... LOL  Hopefully, money permitting we can work out a day for some fishing.... ;D

And Thanks Dan-o... I'll definitely look for Honored Guest if we wind up in the Sydney area.. I like that beach house idea!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »

Hey Dave I'd suggest looking around Sooke, there are plenty of nice ocean front accommodations suitable for newlyweds.

Also If you are trying to save a bit of money you could always rent a boat instead of hiring a charter.

Pedder bay is only a short drive from Sooke and there you could take a boat out for the whole day for under 300 bucks, there should be plenty of good fishing in that area with this being a pink year.

Just make sure you bring some gravol in case you or your wife gets sea sick, from personal experience I'd say there is nothing worse then being into a school of fish and having to head back to the dock because your fishing partner is spewing over the side of the boat.

noxcape

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 11:20:33 AM »

there is a product out there for sea sickness its called qeuse eaz im the rep for it in bc and im trying my hardest to get it onto some stores i know it works pretty damn good to

http://www.soothing-scents.com/index.html

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »

Thanks guys... I'll be looking into all the sea sickness stuff I can LOL.... Nog let me know what he found works, so I should be good to go.

As for the car.... It dyno'ed at 612rwhp... with a 2.2 Kenne Bell supercharger, a full fuel system, KB Boost a spark and boost a pump. 2 Ford GT Fuel pumps.. 60lb injectors, expanded lines, upgraded fuel Modules....LFP heat exchange, Ice tank Reservoir,  Exedy twin disc clutch...for the brief high lights on the mod front, and running about 16lbs of boost.. and a mild tune....   now it has a big jet Snow performance Meth injection kit... which basically turns the 94 octane gas into 108 octane... and jumps the boost up to 21 lbs while making the boost level even safer....  so at around 25hp per lb of boost at this level... that would make somewhere around 730RWHP.... or somewhere around 900 at the crank.... these 4.6 L engines can handle about 1000hp.... so I think I am pretty much where I want it.  Besides... when am I ever going to use that much power.  It is a vert, so I got kicked off the track after 1 run due to going faster that allowed without a roll cage, and I am not about to cut up the interior of a 1 of 390 ever built pretty rare car to put one in....here are a couple pics... and now I just sidetracked my own thread!!!  LOL

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:34:04 PM by DMW »

noxcape

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »

dmw if your in chilliwack before you leave let me know and ill give you sample of the product

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »

I live in Chilliwack now.... ;D

noxcape

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »

lol we will have together and ill hook you up with one

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 07:17:38 PM »

;D

Just send me an email when you have some time and we'll see what we can come up with! ;)

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »

Webster landing?
Pretty nice area, I just don't like how all the houses look earily alike, feels like you are driving through a movie set of one of those "perfect towns."
Awesome car.