Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River, November 14th 2008: Sea-run Cutties  (Read 2775 times)

fish2much

• It's all about how you wiggle the worm
Stave River, November 14th 2008: Sea-run Cutties
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »

I got my first one!  I was actually fishing for Coho on the Stave (away from the gong show) and wasn't having any luck when I noticed some small rises.  First cast yielded a couple of tugs, second cast showd a boil right beside where my fly hit the water and third cast was a fish on!   Put up a great little fight and came to hand a couple of minutes later.  My first Searun was a beautiful 13" fish.  More fish showed but I couldn't get second time lucky.

yamadirt 426

Re: Stave River, November 14th 2008: Sea-run Cutties
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »

I got my first one!  I was actually fishing for Coho on the Stave (away from the gong show) and wasn't having any luck when I noticed some small rises.  First cast yielded a couple of tugs, second cast showd a boil right beside where my fly hit the water and third cast was a fish on!   Put up a great little fight and came to hand a couple of minutes later.  My first Searun was a beautiful 13" fish.  More fish showed but I couldn't get second time lucky.

My favorite time to target these guys are around july/august. No one is around and they are plenty. Just watch them school up the fry and go nuts. One every cast.

fishstick

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »

i've been catching searun cutties for the little campbell river river hatchery. large wild females - getting most of my fish on fairly large rolled muddlers white and coastal deer oho hair... largest one was about 19 inches and i thought it was a coho jack.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »

The discussion on coastal cutthroat trout has been moved to:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19296.0