Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fly Tying  (Read 8430 times)

Britguy

• Old Timer
Re: Fly Tying
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 08:16:38 PM »

as Hook says your hubby will see this so how about asking him what he would like
surprises are great at Xmas but if you spend good money the item needs to be right or usefull
Seems like you fish too why not shop together and get yourselves a good set (no i am not knocking the starter kits)

SeaRun

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »

Hi Hook!   No... I'm not that old... mid. 40's.   ;D    I started fishing when I was a few yrs. old & began tying flies in early elementary school that's why I didn't have a vice!    :D   I remember meeting some of the old timers who were some of B.C.'s the well know anglers.... Jack Vincent (Vincent's Sedge), Earl Anderson (Anderson's Stonefly Nymph) & Jerry Wintle the steelhead fly fisher.   Also worked for Ric Wood (Compleat Angler Tackle Co.).

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »

i was just poking fun at ya Searun  ;D i have also been fishing since...well i was fishing in my mothers womb to be exact LOL

Melissa - We have fished together before and i could go with you to the fly shop to pick out some stuff if you need some help  ;) just need an idea what your looking for thats all. I could even teach Mike how to tie the basics and some other skills i have picked up so far, it will get him going thats for sure.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

SeaRun

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »

I know you were just kidding HOOK... Gee... you sure started fishing at a very young age!    ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »

almost 30yrs now  ;D Damn just realized im getting old  ::) LOL and i even have my first kid on the way  :o

does anyone know if she has actually checked this since she posted it  :-\
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

SeaRun

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »

Great news about your first kid on the way HOOK!   It does not seem like she checked since she only made the first 2 posts.