Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Last Cast Can Pay Off, On The Vedder March 16  (Read 4015 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: The Last Cast Can Pay Off, On The Vedder March 16
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:35 PM »

oh no, a flossing thread in the making..... ;D

Respect for people legal fishing preferrences is the key to 'Fishing Peace'  ;D

I enjoy reading all of Chris's successes on the river with his steelhead journal. Happy for him. Wish I can have his numbers on my diner table.  ;) They are also wonderful reads on cold winter days stuck at an office. Keep them coming Chris.  :)
Thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »

Hey Chris, don't get DFO to shut us down for the Chinook season before them socx arrive in numbers, okay?   ;D ;D ;D
From what we have been told via meetings, e-mails and FOC notices we are losing 6 weeks at the start of the season for chinooks and things are even up in the air after that. Unless the pre season forcast for the sockeye runs change in mid season there will be no retention opening for them at all.

This thread is sure now off topic and maybe instead of being the last cast it will be the last post. ;D ;D ;D

Got to get to bed as the first cast for tomorrow is a little over 6 hours away.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 12:05:23 AM »

First of all the Leafs are still able to make the playoffs, and I hope they do just so the Senators can kick em' out.....

Secondly I think the comment :
Wow - what a Steelhead killer - how many steelhead does one old man need to kill in a season? At least 7. Good on you Chris.
Many anglers have elected to stop killing hatchery Steelhead but hey, to each their own.

It is perfectly legal to harvest 10 hatchery Steelhead per season whether you really need them or not.

If we do get a chinook and sockeye opening on the Fraser this year I hope we don't hear too much about how anglers should limit their harvest in attempts of conservation.

Just my comments on my observation.

was not a very good one....

If Chris can catch this many hatchery fish in a season and makes good use of them (like I'm sure he does) we should be happy for him as not many people can do it (especially since he was sick for a part of the season). Also keeping hatchery fish has nothing to do with conservation, unlike keeping wild sockeye... the ones that make it to the hatchery are not used for spawning and are just released back into the river if they even make it to the hatchery. Only the wild fish really keep up the good angling opportunities we have and the hatchery fish are only there for a food fishery.

Just my opinion but I think attacking people on a website is wrong when they havn't done anything wrong to deserve it, and if I could I would try to limit my tag out since Steelhead is such a wonderful tastng fish ;)

Good job this year Chris, good luck catching number 8 tomorrow, maybe I'll see ya on the river!

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 07:40:52 AM »

Hey, good on you for the kill. Perhaps you'll finish off the year with the maximum 10 adult hatchery steelhead kills on this licence - only a few days left and you still have plenty of time to fill those 3 open slots.

All seven were eaten already - that's great. I honestly hope they were all very tasty. My family doesn't care for the taste of Steelhead so with that I've personnally descided to not kill anymore so that others have the opportunity to enjoy and experience the Steelhead reasource.

I'm not opposed to anyone killing Steelhead. I just find it odd that a conservationist and someone who does so much for perserving the resource and ensuring that future generations have the opportunity to fish and take fish, must brag or advertize about the hero kills.

I guess I'm not seeing it straight and everyone has the right to their opinions until the moderators put a stop to it.

JustinG

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »

Ya! Let's keep making jabs at the few that actually post enjoyable reports until no one wants to report anything... that'll make for a fun online community.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:25:03 AM by JustinG »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 11:34:44 AM »

Ya! Let's keep making jabs at the few that actually post enjoyable reports until no one wants to report anything... that'll make for a fun online community.

Please don't make it sound like the majority are out to make jabs at "the few" who make reports whenever it happens, which is not the case if you compare the number of occurences to the number of reports. To understand why Rieber is not pleased with Chris' "brags", simply go back to some of his posts during the summer months. :)

Told you Chris, there are people out there who do not enjoy "The Journal"! ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »

[
Told you Chris, there are people out there who do not enjoy "The Journal"! ;D
Well they should not read them then. ;D ;D ;D

dan

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »

What's wrong with killing hatchey steel head,thats what there for.What is fishing coming to . ::)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 08:36:01 PM »

I guess killing a few hatchery ones is OK but you guys are right about reading the Journal though. I started flossing from reading it just to find out what all the fuss was about. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »

I guess killing a few hatchery ones is OK but you guys are right about reading the Journal though. I started flossing from reading it just to find out what all the fuss was about. :)
I hope you meant your teeth. ;D ;D ;D