Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The newly proposed fisheries act (Bill C-45)  (Read 9423 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: The newly proposed fisheries act (Bill C-45)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »

There was a thread prior to last year's election concerning which political party will do the most for the fish. There was consideration debate whether it would be the Liberals or Conservatives. As events have shown, nothing seem to have changed. Damn politicians are all liars. >:(

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »

I can't say that Lakota Hearn let me down, he lived up to my expectations. None of the elected people have the integrity to do the right thing, when money battles viable and sustainable concepts.

Short term gain for long term pain.

Call or write your MP, and support the organizations that keep the dogs of cash at bay.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 11:33:37 AM »

I FINALLY got a responce from my MP something like 2 months later. But here it is.

Dion Lauriente

Thank you for your email.

I appreciate you taking the time to communicate your concerns about the long-term sustainability of BC’s fisheries and the protection of BC’s fish habitat.  One of the reasons why we have introduced a new Fisheries Act is to protect our fisheries and fish habitats for future generations.

The habitat protection provisions of the renewed Fisheries Act will strengthen our ability to more effectively and efficiently protect fish habitat of value to Canadians. 

Every person engaged in administering the Fisheries Act, must, under the new legislation, take into account sustainable development and ecosystem and precautionary approaches in the management of fisheries and in the conservation and protection of fish and fish habitat.

We are proud of the steps we have taken to strengthen our ability to conserve and protect fish habitat, while ensuring we are being as efficient as possible.  The new legislation allows for regulations aimed at the management of risks from living aquatic organisms for the protection of fish and fish habitat.  The new Act provides more efficient tools for gathering information related to impacts on fish and fish habitat, and makes conditions of fish habitat authorizations enforceable. The proposed Act will also broaden the scope of inspectors’ powers in cases of harmful alteration, disruption or destruction of fish habitat.  In addition, the impact on fish habitat will be considered in developing policy for fishing licenses or making decisions about fishery allocations. 

For more information on the stewardship requirements and aquatic ecosystem protection measures in C-45 I would encourage you to visit http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/media/backgrou/2006/hq-ac46a_e.htm

In closing, please be assured that I will certainly take into account your concerns and those of other constituents as we consider this bill and possible amendments to strengthen our laws to protect fish habitat, the environment and industries related to our fisheries.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write on this very important issue.

Regards,

James Moore MP

Now I'm wondering how to respond to that.

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 01:27:18 PM »

SDA covered off most of the points  ??? your MP raised in the original post by Rodney:
http://www.defendsportfishing.com/file/070209bill45exerpts.doc

Have a review of their press release and then you may want to enunciate them to your MP, point by point.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »

There was a thread prior to last year's election concerning which political party will do the most for the fish. There was consideration debate whether it would be the Liberals or Conservatives. As events have shown, nothing seem to have changed. Damn politicians are all liars. >:(
::) ::)