Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got checked by DFO today, (thursday 25th)  (Read 5417 times)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
Re: Got checked by DFO today, (thursday 25th)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 01:05:17 AM »

it's good to hear that the CO are out checking.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 01:49:37 AM »

Cohokid, quit taking cheapshots at Younggun. You are starting to get really annoying with your constant hounding of him in threads.

Nice to see DFO around, I was checked early in the steelhead season on the Vedder by an officer below Hwy#1 bridge. It was the first time I`ve been checked in years.

Cheers

Nuggy

its just a stated fact. He doesnt get out much.

Didn't I send you a PM about this awhile ago? Maybe another reminder is needed.

Bone Cross

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 11:39:51 AM »

Well, I suppose it's time to start fishing barbless! ::)

Just kiddin, good to hear about them getting out there. Hopefully catch the people that will be snagging steelhead. Bonking Wild fish, and fishing with barbs.
from a Redneck point of View!

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »

I was checked last year at Starvation Lake and to my absolute suprise ( and my friends ) , I was caught red handed with no license. I will admit it was a stupid thing to do and I was pretty fresh at the time and thought that I could get my license the following week (gulp). Well too late at that point and I looked and felt like a complete arsehole. I signed off on the fine and he and the RCMP officer left. I didn't fish for the rest of the weekend fearing I would be caught a second time. Lesson learned ? maybe not......I thought that if they didn't check your record at the time of buying a license ( which i did the following week ) I would be scott free and be able to buy my licenses from there on in without paying the fine. Seemed like a good idea time and I carried on that way until 2 weeks ago when the same CO showed up at my door in S. Vancouver to tell me that my license had been suspended until i pay the fine. He caught me by suprise again,  right after a Bob Marley break  :P. I was stunned, he told me that if I was caught fishing or hunting without paying the fine, I would be promptly arrested and charged. I am now a full time LEGAL fisherman and will be until i die. I thought i could loophole my way out of the system and It turns out that some CO's are going the extra mile and checking up on ne'er do wells like myself. I would like to say thank you to the CO for doing his job. It worked I paid my fine the next morning. ;D
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

weizen

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »

Interesting story CorryandTrevor,

Sucks you tried to get away with one, but glad you're on the right side of the law now.  Hopefully others will read your story and start following the regs now without going through what you did.