Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Oct.20  (Read 3585 times)

glx

• I'm a llama!
Re: Vedder Oct.20
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 03:56:27 PM »

Floater

Dont forget about all the white guys as well.  Funny how no one mentions them.

c-pin

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 04:53:28 PM »

I also hit the river on Oct 20th.

Hey Big Steel, I was fishing just up-stream of you - I saw you truck at the side of the road, and was going to put a note on it to meet us for breakfast at the Pointa Vista.

Lot's of dirty Chum and Chinook. Saw some fresh bright Coho, but Big Steel and I must have hit the same school, as they all had lock-jaw. I might as well have taken my vest off and thrown it in the river - I threw everything at them - NOTHING. I'm thinking of taking up golf. Look for my fishing stuff in the Buy & Sell Section. ;)

I observed many people taking home fish that are the colour and condition of an old tire inner tube. Leader length seems to be an issue. I asked one guy why he was using about a 9 foot leader. "You need it in this clear water" he replies. Funny though, I caught more fish on my 2 foot leader. Oh well, you can only try.

The method of fishing by all races, colours, and creeds seems to be an issue. I sometimes feel like I am some kind of an elitist out there, with selective fishing techniques. Many times I have approached people and offered to set up the proper terminal gear for them (Remember when we went out Big Steel? We saw those guys with bouncing bettys?). I seem to give more stuff away at the river with advice and coaching than lose while fishing. The people are very receptive to this, and hopefully they realize that you cannot be an "expert" angler in 1 season.

Enough of my venting ....... I am off to do a "Rain Dance" ..... everybody join in. :D
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Compleat_Angler

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »

Well well well, finally a fishing report from the compleat angler, got to the river, first light as well as all the other days I fish, fished the river with the short float technique, didnt snag or floss one fish that entire trip which was great for me and my rod :D, so i decide it was rainin gently,fished my wool n bang fish on, couple chums i tailed n released with no pics, cause they werent clean, 2 big bucks n 1 fire planing the surface doe, then it was mid mornin n i was like wonderin seeing springs surface all over, see a guy acorss from me tail a nice big buck bout 50 lbs, not too clean n releases it off his pin, then bang 2 mins later fish on, landed 20 lbs chromer nice spring, was the best cleaniest fish outta my entire season, will be hittin the river wed doin it again for the next 3 days, will post more pics when the shiners r accepted.
decided to leave at 1pm n limited out with a nice shiny chum 1 spring, and my buddy got his spring, first one ;) tight lines.

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/Vertiflow/?action=view&current=IMG_1884.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/Vertiflow/?action=view&current=IMG_1889.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2