Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2006 non-tidal Fraser River sockeye opening  (Read 5519 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Re: 2006 non-tidal Fraser River sockeye opening
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 11:28:21 AM »

what is the statis of island 22 ? will they let us fish the far end ,away from the campgrounds .

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »

Well sitting here at work on my last day before holidays, I took the whole month of August off to spend time with the kids and to do some fishing and am glad that the soxs are open. This should mean that when I take the kids to fish the veddar it should be nice and quiet. I am planning to head to the fraser on tuesday and wednesday with big steel and yes we will be bring the bar rods with us. But on Sunday I am planning to teach my 4 year old (will be 5 in two weeks) how to drift fish. I took him to the stave last weekend to teach him to cast and it went great. The look on his face when he realized that he could do it on his own was priceless. I can not wait till he gets his first fish. I was thinking of taking him to the fraser to let him reel in my fish but I do not think that I want to expose him to what goes on during sox openings at such a young age. So for now and the next few years it will be the veddar. If any fish are caught by him on sunday I will send pics. And of course we will release all fish caught. Got to teach him right from the start that it is not about how many you bring home but how much fun you have catching them, releasing them properly so that there will be fish to catch when he has kids and their kids and their kids and so on and so on. So tight lines to everyone and behave will out on the bars. ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 01:03:01 PM »

GT thats awesome.. I can't wait till the day I have children of my own and I can teach them how to fish!!  it is one of my dreams I can't wait to fulfill!!!!!!
it is nice to have a whole month off of work in which to spend.. enjoy your time off.. even if you are wasting some of it on Big Steel !!!  ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 06:53:08 PM »

GT thats awesome.. I can't wait till the day I have children of my own and I can teach them how to fish!!  it is one of my dreams I can't wait to fulfill!!!!!!
it is nice to have a whole month off of work in which to spend.. enjoy your time off.. even if you are wasting some of it on Big Steel !!!  ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D I haven't fsihed with Gt since that fine day when he got his first Steely in a couple of years.  Poor buggar couldn't go out all the season before do to a nasty surgury.  But he recovered good, and got himself the nicest steely of the year between the three in our regular crew!! ;D ;D  SO it will yet again be a blast as it always is!!  Sorry you have to work Ricky!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!