Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Riverside Fly & Tackle River Days + Coquitlam River Cleanup  (Read 8006 times)

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Riverside Fly & Tackle River Days + Coquitlam River Cleanup
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 09:35:36 PM »

One more thing. Here is our event poster.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 09:53:52 PM »

BUMP!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »

I am going down tomorrow from Chilliwack and will look forward to helping cleanup the Coquitlam River.

Hope there will be a good turnout. Thanks to Aaron and others who are putting this together.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

see you all tomorrow ;D ;).

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 05:00:28 PM »

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

Going to check out the upper clean-up, did the lower in the past, are both groups meeting after?

For the ones who cant make the evening Trout Bum Diary pub beer and burger maybe a late lunch and beer or something after the clean-up?

Thoughts?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 08:47:11 PM »

Going to check out the upper clean-up, did the lower in the past, are both groups meeting after?

For the ones who cant make the evening Trout Bum Diary pub beer and burger maybe a late lunch and beer or something after the clean-up?

Thoughts?
Good idea. Aaron thought we would be finished around 12, maybe for those interested we could meet at Riverside and then head out for lunch around 12:15 from there.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 09:55:32 PM »

the lower river and galette are in desperate need of a clean-up :o :P. everytime i go to galette, i have to pick up beer bottles from the teenagers that hang out and smoke joints down there. its pretty sad :P. but its a good thing that we are all gonna get together to clean up the coq! ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »

After my morning trip to the Vedder I was on my way to the cleanup when something happened on the Pitt River Bridge. The lineup was all the way back into Maple Ridge. I heard on the radio that the entire bridge was shut down so I turned around. I hope everyone had a good time, wish I could have made it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 06:29:22 PM »

Thanks for the effort atleast. I was on the way down to the shop. The bridge was swung open for a boat then as soon as it was back in place there was an accident in the west bound lanes.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 07:34:49 PM »

sounds like a job well done today by Riverside and helpers.
sorry I missed it ,had to work
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »

Wow, what a load of junk that got pulled out today. Everything from litter to bumpers, shopping carts, dishwashers, sofa's, clothing etc. were collected. Too bad the turnout wasn't that great but the people who did will recieve extra karma for putting in an extra effort. Was great to have Chris come out from Chilliwack and Richard from across the bridge too. Floon and Deb thanks goes to you both as well. Thanks guys. Here's a couple pics I've uploaded so far. Will post more as I recieve them.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 07:48:40 PM by Trout Slayer »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 09:59:35 PM »

What another good project, a cleanup on the Coquitlam River today put together by all the people at Riverside Fly and Tackle.

Good to meet a few more forum members that Aaron has already mentioned as well as Coho Cody, his friend and Sandy from the Port Coquitlam Fish and Game Club.

Even though we were few in numbers maybe due to the sockeye opening that was earlier this year and the Air Show I heard the numbers were lower than last year.

We still got a lot of stuff as you see in Aaron's pictures, it just took us a little longer to do it with the fewer hands. I am sure the turnout will be better next year.

The fellowship was just great after,as it was a late lunch for most or for flyfisherman and I a very late breakfast. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks to all for an enjoyable day except to Gary for banging my casting and badminton arm between the side of the truck and one of the shopping carts that were removed from the river proper.

If I donot win gold in all three badminton divisions in the upcoming Senior games this year I know who to blame. ;D ;D ;D

In all seriousness thanks once again to Gary and his staff for organizing this event, it is always so good to be able to put something back to the resource that gives us so much pleasure.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 10:35:04 AM »

Thanks for the writeup Chris. Just woke up from a late night at the pub.... I think anyone there last night will be placing close to the bottom in rankings at the casting competitions today. ;D ;D ;D Good turnout. Still got nothing to do today come on out to Upper Coquitlam River Park. :)

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 11:48:55 AM »

Thanks to all who organized this event(s) it was fun picking up garbage along this river system, Chris and I were hungry :o after comming back from the upper river section with Aaron and Dion only to head to a "lazy bum camp" on the lower river to haul out hundreds of pounds crap for a couple more hours.
Then off to a late lunch and beer :)

Quite the event Gary of Riverside Tackle put on, an entire weekend of fun, will have to spend the whole weekend next time and not just the clean-up.

Aaron met a nice flag girl during the construction on Pipeline Rd but I guess she did not get his phone number so she kicked a 4 foot traffic pylon about 10 feet :o ;D and limped away, man that was funny ;D ;D ;D Did she have bad breath :-* :-* ??? ;D ;D

Nice to meet you Chris
Good times

Richard
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles