Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River Maps  (Read 4536 times)

flatlander

Chehalis River Maps
« on: November 19, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

Hi All, I'm planning to hit the Chehalis for the first time this week.  Vedder was very good to me this year but I think it may be time to move on.  Any good river maps out there or any other information that might be helpful with my first time on this river?

Thanks

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
Re: Chehalis River Maps
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:38:31 PM »

Yep, don't leave valuables in the vehicle ;)

Also don't go into the canyon by yourself, or after a heavy rain, water comes up fast.

Start at the road and go exploring, I'd work down.

flatlander

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 02:05:31 AM »

Thanks Jamison.  I'll post how I make out in the reports.

clownfish

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »

I have a map, in .pdf format, of the Chehalis that extends up into the canyon a way, I created it from the Forestry Service's website. If you want to supply an email address I'll send it to you. I couldn't see any way of attaching it here, and I have yet to setup an account on any of the webservices for picture, etc. posts.

toytank

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »

hi there clownfish what are the chances of you emailing me that map that would be great
toytank@telus.net
thank you :-*
Chris P.
had to change my signature to many babies and whiners
go figure??!!

clownfish

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 03:02:10 PM »

Additional to my previous post, Google Earth provides some reasonably good "aerial" views of any of the locations I've seen posted about on this website, and they printout fairly well if you have access to a colour printer. I often use both together, as well as my gps, when I'm out fishing.

bravo252

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »

I have a map, in .pdf format, of the Chehalis that extends up into the canyon a way, I created it from the Forestry Service's website. If you want to supply an email address I'll send it to you. I couldn't see any way of attaching it here, and I have yet to setup an account on any of the webservices for picture, etc. posts.

Hi~ clownfish!!
May I ask you to send me one too??
My email is bravopark@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!!!

Bravo~ ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 02:31:48 PM »

clownfish i'm goin in there tomorrow morning, if u see this post before morning can u send it. droussanidis@hotmail.com thankyou very much
Fish killer 101

flatlander

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 01:01:11 AM »

Hi clownfish, thanks for the offer on the map!  Could you please email a copy to jmengineering@hotmail.com

Much appreciated!
John

clownfish

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 07:54:58 AM »

Well, I hope that you all have found that map useful, I know it doesn't contain a lot of detail,but I mostly wanted it for the main path of the river, as I already know a bit about the terrain itself. This is the link to the source that I got the map from, http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc . If you go to this site you can make custom maps, for anywhere in the province, that include whatever details that are available in the controls. Best of all it is free, being part Scottish (about a fifth (of scotch) ::) ) and part Irish, free is one of my favorite words.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:57:46 AM by clownfish »