Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake, May 6th 2010  (Read 857 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Buntzen Lake, May 6th 2010
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:24:46 PM »

We spent this afternon at Buntzen Lake as we had to finish up a filming project. The weather was nice for once. We arrived, I spotted a rise and it took two casts to trick it with a tiny spoon.

Halfway through our filming etc, a couple more fish rose in front of us. I grabbed the lure and flicked it out again. First cast, a hefty rainbow trout grabbed it. Second cast, another one grabbed it but spit the hook few seconds later. The third fish grabbed it as the lure sank on the next cast. The lure flew off the fish when it made a good leap.

Several pontoons were working around the lake while we were there. They were pretty successful in late afternoon.

For anyone who is interested in heading out there. The lake water level is quite high some floating docks are current submerged. The boat launch is also closed so the only floating crafts that you can bring in are pontoons etc.

blueback

Re: Buntzen Lake, May 6th 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:12:07 PM »

When you say that the boat launch is closed, do you mean that the actual launch is chained off or something, b/c I was up there last weekend and it seemed to be open??   

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »

When we were there yesterday, the little road to the launch was blocked with a high water warning sign at the front so I assume that they do not want people drive down to use the launch.

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »

Those stocked lakes will be fishing good this weekend with this nice weather ;D ;D