Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Clay Slides  (Read 1544 times)

buck

Vedder Clay Slides
« on: November 13, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »

Two new clay slides have been exposed and will certainly add to the frustration of all steelhead anglers. One is located downstream of the Allison pool and the other in Slesse creek about 4 km upstream from the confluence with the Chilliwack river.  Chilliwack lake is only slightly turbid and should not pose any problem. The slide below the Allison pool although not new, may pose the worst threat as the river hits it at a ninety degree angle.
Secondly, lots of dead juvenile steelhead were picked up in the Boulder Hole area downstream from the Tamihi bridge. One angler showed me a small ice cream bucket full to the top of these juveniles. No coho, all steelhead. Look for poor fishing 3-4 years down the road.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Vedder Clay Slides
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:32:01 AM »

What was the ratio between wild and hatchery fish in the dead juveniles that were found?

buck

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »

Rodney, all wild.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:17:52 AM »

That's a real shame, that slide below allison has not been a problem for a few years now...

90 degree angle, huh? I guess that cuts off the trail downstream to that nice big corner that had the huge clay slide river right.

Too bad about the juvenilles, thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin