Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jones Lake  (Read 7788 times)

ja

Re: Jones Lake
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »

Thanks guys...I'm very seriously thinking of getting a Forrester for use on the FSRs...no plans to travel anything too much, my thoughts are that any vehicle I get should be able to do the equivalent of a Jones road...just don't want to wreck a regular car.  I think I'll start a new thread, as I don't wish to highjack this one  :D

Nymph

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 08:30:06 AM »

The Fish Hunter called BC Hydro yesterday and was told the road is closed but to call back next week because they are working on it.

Sounds like it may be open SOON!
Git-R-Done

janders

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »

Ive driven everything from an 88 buick regal to Truck and Trailer combo up jones, its all possible if you drive the road right.

I love Jones lake and i go every year. Its a shame though its not treated better but alot of campers and leaving garbage and broken glass all over the place. :(

salmon river

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 10:47:01 PM »

Its a shame though its not treated better but alot of campers and leaving garbage and broken glass all over the place

That and the loud partiers and fights is why we do not go up there anymore.

I would not doubt if they eventually close it.

bcguy

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »

You can no longer reach the end of the lake by road, the bridge was decommissioned last year.
And from what the fire marshall who patrols up there indicated, it was due to the partiers destroying freshly planted sites from the logging. I had a look where they were partying a couple years ago, and it looked like a dump...I was hoping to find someones address on all that crap, but no luck. So it is unfortunate, because some of the nicest camping spots are at that end of the lake, nice sandy beaches, away from the regular campgrounds, close to the good Kokanee fishing...looks like its boat in only now...fine with me, because it keeps alot of the disrespectful campers out
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

nosey

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »

Road is still closed at about 5km due to slide, nobody working on it as of yesterday, there were atv tracks past where I could go to so you may be able to access thje lake by atv. Doesn't look like anything is going to happen on it for a while yet.

Spooner

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »

Any word for the upcoming weekend??? Fingers crossed !!!

ja

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

Is the road always this bad coming off winter?  I can't imagine that it won't be repaired fairly soon.  Say it isn't so!  ???

sreeb

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »

I drove up to the second slide area a couple days ago where they have it blocked with large cement blocks. If it was not for these a 4x4 could get through. I hiked the rest of the way up and there is a third slide right at the fork in the road to each campground. I saw a helicopter fly over head land and take off. I walked the rest of the way and out on the dam. They lake was completly ice free but the lowest they have ever drained it right now. The helicopter had droped off some hydro workers who had to fix a syphon pump so that is why they had it drained so low. The bad news is they said the road wont be fixed by the long weekend but probally by the next weekend.

Davis

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:38 PM »

Great info guys,thanks.I can now make other plans.Hope to be up there after the road is repaired.

steeleagle

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »

it's going to be a long time before they opening the road again. It looks like no quick fix for the road, at a point it's completely gone just about. We'd be lucky if we can see that lake before summers over.

island boy

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »

any word on the road? can't wait to get up there.
you kill it, you clean it.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 07:11:25 PM »

On another site it has been said it will not open this year.
Friend was up there today quading, around 6 km mark is where the road ends right now.

Davis

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »

Well, if it doesn't open this yr,it will give the fish a chance to grow big and fat for next year!