Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local lakes ????  (Read 1972 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Local lakes ????
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

has anybody been to the local lakes lately ? Since the weather is warmer are the trout biting ?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Local lakes ????
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

Mike lake is still closed due to fallen trees but Randy Hawes the local mla assures me that it will be open at the end of the month. Rolley lake is also still closed and Randy Hawes has said that he does not know when it will reopen. But once again he reassures me that he will pressure the environment minister to get it open soon. As far as other lakes go I have not herd anything.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:03 PM »

Try Whonnock I have always found it to be a better producer than both Mike & Rolley.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:33:30 PM »

Can you fish whonnick lake from shore or is a boat needed ? and how do I get to whonnick  lake ?

CustomRetrieval

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »

The first rule of fishing:

Believe none of what you hear (or read) and half of what you see (or almost see)..........
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:04:08 PM by Rodney »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »

There are several lakes in the Lower Mainland where the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery has put large rainbow trout in them. Most of these fish have spawned multiple times at the hatchery and released because they don't intend to use them again. The stocking data in Region 2 provides you the information on where these fish were put in.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/fishing_report/stocking_2.html

This photo is one of those trout. This was taken during last year's Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery Open House where the kids could fish at the Learn2Fish ponds.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/member/gallery/2006abbotsford/061125_15

Oddjob, Whonnock Lake is best accessed by boat, but there are several points along the lake where shore fishing is possible.

None of the lakes have been stocked yet, but they will be starting around late March. I will be posting the stocking data once again in the above link for all regions once the information comes in from the hatcheries. If you have any questions regarding stockings or the trout fishing in general, you can come to the Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show on March 2nd to 4th and ask the hatchery staff personally.