Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rally for your country!!  (Read 11283 times)

limit time

• http://www.svmatch.com/allusers/4/
rally for your country!!
« on: December 01, 2008, 09:37:19 PM »

weather your conservative or not, if you give a cupcakes about your county and care what your county thinks of you... check this site out!

http://www.rallyforcanada.ca/

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: rally for your country!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:41:52 PM »

Those guys running that website sound pretty scary. I suggest not reading their site so you get a good nights rest. Overthrowing Canada mmmmm donuts.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:33:44 AM »

This is an event organized by the conservatives and I suggest everyone to make an informed decision on their own, and keep in my mind the reasons for the political outrage this week (Conservatives tried to ban civil servants right to strike, tried to ban equal pay for equal work, no stimulus package to pull our economy out of the trash heap, and tried to take away funding for political parties which would hurt the other parties the most, and illegal taping of private conversations (NDP is talking about laying charges against the conservatives) very, very undemocratic ) Also, 65% of Canadians voted for the other guys for the record so the government is doing what the majority of the country wants. and Did rally for Canada organizers really plan it for anniversary of Dec. 6 shooting at Ecole Polytechnique? Thats kind of disrespectful, What are they thinking?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:23:39 AM by salmonsturgeontrout »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »

A ploy by the Conservatives to win public support. Will it work ? Time will tell.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »

Let the voters clear up this mess, that means another election. ::)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:57 AM »

weather your conservative or not, if you give a **** about your county and care what your county thinks of you... check this site out!

http://www.rallyforcanada.ca/

i believe in free speech; but let it be at least accurate.

the website above is maintained, created and paid by people who are conservatives.

it should really be called rally for harper.

call a spade a spade, please.

otherwise if you dress it up as a box of chocolates but it's really a box of frogs...well you may get people thinking you are just a big fibber...

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 10:38:12 AM by dennisK »

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »

Let the voters clear up this mess, that means another election. ::)

a coalition gov't can work. it works in europe all the time.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »

Canada voted and the way our system works that put Harper in control. Not Dion. If Canadians knew their NDP vote would put Dion in power I believe many would not have voted that way. I hate the way the Canadian voting system works. I want to see an "Every Vote Counts" system.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »

The way Harper behaves in Parliament, he should have seen it coming... One moment he's asking everyone to get along, and the next moment he's pulling the crap he tried with throwing unrelated issues into the financial report.

As a example, his intention to abolish the right to strike for federal public service employees... Makes me wonder (and worry) about what is up his sleeve... Some have speculated it was set up to repeal the equal pay act.

I am soooooooo relieved there failed to be a Harper majority... The best thing for Canada is for the coalition to back away at this point, they will only do damage to themselves and their reputation. An election is a waste of time and resources at this point.

Right now, Harper is a big loser in all of this, he REALLY screwed up. His bully tactics have gotten him in this mess.

By backing away, the coalition parties could maintain a gun pointed at Harper for the remander of his term, and Harper would not dare cross them for fear of toppling the government. I think they have made it quite apparent they are willing to pull the trigger.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 12:17:44 PM »

As a example, his intention to abolish the right to strike for federal public service employees... Makes me wonder (and worry) about what is up his sleeve... Some have speculated it was set up to repeal the equal pay act.

What's so wrong about this?  Government workers get paid from tax.  Tax payers can't go on strike and not paying tax if they think its unfair/unjust.  When government workers go on strike tax payers doesn't get reimbursement. 

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »

What's so wrong about this?  Government workers get paid from tax.  Tax payers can't go on strike and not paying tax if they think its unfair/unjust.  When government workers go on strike tax payers doesn't get reimbursement. 

Acutally tax payers do get a break, employee union dues pay for strike and lock out pay...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »

The way Harper behaves in Parliament, he should have seen it coming... One moment he's asking everyone to get along, and the next moment he's pulling the crap he tried with throwing unrelated issues into the financial report.

I am soooooooo relieved there failed to be a Harper majority... The best thing for Canada is for the coalition to back away at this point, they will only do damage to themselves and their reputation. An election is a waste of time and resources at this point.

Right now, Harper is a big loser in all of this, he REALLY screwed up. His bully tactics have gotten him in this mess.

By backing away, the coalition parties could maintain a gun pointed at Harper for the remander of his term, and Harper would not dare cross them for fear of toppling the government. I think they have made it quite apparent they are willing to pull the trigger.

Cheers,
Nicole

I agree. Abolishing the right of public servants the right to strike will have IMO little or no effect on stimulating the economy.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »

Acutally tax payers do get a break, employee union dues pay for strike and lock out pay...

Cheers,
Nicole

No, the salary not pay out during strike period goes back to general revenue.  Whatever services tax payer had to utilize during strike comes out of their own pocket.

salmon river

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »

At no time do Canadians ever elect a government, we elect a Parliament, and in a minority situation, whatever working majority can be patched together from the rival parties will rule the day.
---------------------------------------

Bring your signs, your noisemakers and come on out to support the formation of a coalition government.

The Lower Mainland rally:

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA

Thursday, December 4th

Doors open at 5 p.m.

Speakers at 6 p.m.

Vancouver Trade & Convention Centre

Ballroom “A”

{Skytain to the Waterfront Station}
------------------------------

as well visit -  http://www.progressivecoalition.ca/form.php and http://www.smartvote2008.ca/ for your support of the coalition. :)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »

No, the salary not pay out during strike period goes back to general revenue.  Whatever services tax payer had to utilize during strike comes out of their own pocket.

I see, you want the Government to give you the money back that you paid in taxes for lost services... Well I think you know what Harper's answer to that would be ;)

Cheers,
Nicole

-Garrett Hardin