Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: REALLY noobish question,first person to read the thread can probably answer  (Read 6563 times)

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Do I need another freshwater fishing license to fish Salmon arm (Area 3) when I got my license here at home (Area 2)

I cant see anything on my paper that mentions regions specific, and now that I look, I cant see anything on the Ministry website. I could have sworn I read that I needed a license per region. But it could simply be that because the province is split up in regions, I came up with that story in my noggin!

Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Your freshwater fishing licence is not regional-specific, it can be used across the entire province.

The only exception is classified waters, where additional classified water licences are required.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Your freshwater fishing licence is not regional-specific, it can be used across the entire province.

The only exception is classified waters, where additional classified water licences are required.
Ok thank you. I'm not sure where I got it in my head that it was, but I was sure it was. I'm silly! I'll read up real good on r3's regs and such.

Oilcruzer

National Parks are a diff license... In case you drop a lure along the way.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Ok well I have another, possibly silly question, and I thought Id just post here rather than make a new thread. If youve seen me post around here at all, you know Im pretty new to fishing in general. The pink run was great fun! I caught a bunch of those, and before that a few rainbow trout. Now where Ive been fishing has been clearly public property. The fraser, and stocked lakes. My lady and I are heading up salmon arm tomrrow for a few days, and I want to find some local rivers/streams to practice my fly fishing on. But, how do you know if you are "allowed" to fish a certain water? Do you simply assume you can if there are no signs stating no fishing/private property or something like that? I have no problems finding my own spots and water, but I dont want to take the risk of getting a fine or shot at or something. Say you came across a piece of stream, how would YOU conclude if you can fish it or not? Do it and see if anyone yells at ya?

holmes

• photobucket.com

if youre unsure then dont fish it, err on the side of caution as u may end up fishing a closed or no fishing area, get a backroad mapbook and then u will likely be able to find the name and then look up the regs for the spot, also ask around locally, and find a fly shop or tackle store locally, im on the island and dont get over to the interior much so cant really tell ya any spots, ive been to salmon arm a few times but not for fishing, good luck, thats the best advice i can give ya, ya cant beat local knowledge.....holmes*

holmes

• photobucket.com

btw, i usually go by the rule that its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission, BUT NEVER when it comes to fishing  ;) ;).....holmes*

also, google is your friend

holmes

• photobucket.com

try white lake maybe, just googled it....holmes*

http://www.sunnyshore.ca/

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Haha good advice! I cant seem to find any local tackle shops up there online, but I will keep my eyes peeled once up there. A mapbook is a damn fine idea, and I dont know why I havent gotten one yet! I looked at a couple at wholesale sports a month or two back, but never grabbed it. And I have been on Google Earth+Region 3 Regs, and Ive found at least one or two spots to try out. Doesnt look like there is A LOT for wading fishin. But you can bet your my friend if I see someone with a rod in their hands, I am screeching to a hault and introducing myself!

holmes

• photobucket.com

yep thats the way to do it Dan.....holmes*

holmes

• photobucket.com

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

http://www.hookandbullet.com/c/fishing-salmon-arm-bc/

........holmes*
HOLY CRAP THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!

Yeah I found a few of the different creeks on there, but not that many! Thanks for posting that!

holmes

• photobucket.com