Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder river clean up  (Read 2712 times)

Stewie

Vedder river clean up
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »

Does anyone know when the annual vedder river clean up is? I have been out on the vedder quite a bit in the last month and just can't believe the amount of garbage that lying around on the banks and in the bush. The vedder is such a beautiful place, it's really sad to see the area being used as a garbage dump.

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder river clean up
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »

The Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society puts on 3 cleanups yearly ... April, July and September.  Our first Directors meeting is soon, when specific dates will be decided and will be posted here :D

Stewie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »

Thanks for the info Dave. I will be there to lend a hand.

dave c

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »

Does anyone know when the annual vedder river clean up is? I have been out on the vedder quite a bit in the last month and just can't believe the amount of garbage that lying around on the banks and in the bush. The vedder is such a beautiful place, it's really sad to see the area being used as a garbage dump.
x2

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »

Excellent! Thanks for your support :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »

Dates were confirmed today, they are Saturday April 12, Saturday July 19 and BC Rivers Day, Sunday September 28th, These will be cleanups 41, 42 and 43 since we started in 2002 where we have taken close to 90 tonnes off the Chilliwack Vedder River watershed.

Hope you will mark these dates on your calendars. Our web site at www.cleanrivers is being updated and all information will be there soon as well as our FB page. Thanks to all that have attended our cleanups the last 12 years.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »

Reminder of the cleanup tomorrow. We are all set to go, hope we get some readers and anglers that fish the Chilliwack Vedder River can take a couple of hours to help out. I will miss my 2nd cleanup out of the 41 cleanups since 2002 due to an family commitment.  More information if needed on the cleanup at www.cleanrivers.ca

Thanks in advance to those that are able to take the time tomorrow to give back to the river.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »

Cleanup #41 since 2002 went well with 196 people taking part and a good amount of garbage retrieved from the Chilliwack Vedder River from the Chilliwack River Hatchery down past the freeway bridge.

Thanks to those from this forum that took part.